Particles

Benny The Bream

Reaction score
Trying to find some better deals ont think i can beat my local supplier but it doesnt hurt to look around.

J

jason fisher

hinders when i lived in oxford, or the animal feed supplier up the road.

C

Cakey

shall i give him my buying tips or not........................mmmmmmmmmm

C

Cakey

Benny I never ever buy out of the bins in these places,you dont know how long its been there and if they top up then all the rubbish and rotten stuff is in the bottom.............yuk
the other thing I do is to put a x on a couple of sacks ,this allows me to go back in a couple of weeks time and see what the turn overs like
aleast then Ive got some idea of how fresh the seeds etc are [quicker the turn over the fresher the seeds etc hopefully]

C

Cakey

and Id like to know your supplier if they are cheaper than Marriages please

Benny The Bream

Reaction score
couldnt find marriages on the web but they are cheaper than the bait and feed company on most things but they dont post which saves a lot on postage as 50kg posted dont come cheap thanks for the tips il try them out.
Do you have a web addy for marriages?

C

Cakey

my two boys swear by GJW Titmus, Wheathamstead, 01582 832272

but I like Marriages they have a real fast turnover................it fresh

B

Bob Watson

I have a local supplier called Maddox's, not sure if they're nationwide but me and a mate got a 20 kilo sack of hemp for ?16 between us, is that cheap enough? I know they have a decent turnover cos all the local pet shops use them.

B

Bully

And fresh as they trun them over quickly. Only real issue is the sun flower seeds, which float, but I just scoop them out (well I think they are the sun flower). All I do is add some aniseed.

C

Cakey

Bully 3or 4 sunflower seeds on a hair fished on the surface .....................superb !

B

Bob Watson

"mahooooosive bag" of what Bully? I can get 20 kilo of bird seed mix for ?6 from the local C&C, I didn't even think to price it at Maddox's when I got the hemp.

I've just thawed out a handful of frozen I had ready and it is the sunflower seed that floats. Cheers Bully I never knew that, it might have its' uses, after you've cast the first spodful out just aim for the middle of the ducks in a feeding frenzy ;-)