Thieves about

J

John McLaren

Over Saturday/Sunday night thieves raided my locked and alarmed shed in Maghull, Liverpool and took virtually all of my fishing tackle - I reckon almost ?2200 worth! So no outings for me until the insurance man stumps up. However how about setting up a "Tackle Watch" section to Fishing Magic. If you see or hear of good tackle going really cheap it is almost certainly missing its rightful owner - if we share information some of these undesirables might get caught.

In the meantime (for starters) my stuff included Shimano Solstace Heavy Feeder, Aero 11ft 2.25lb tc and Twin Power 12ft 2lb tc rods and two unusual items: a 10ft Sealey Glass Strike fibreglass rod with blue whippings and a Geoffrey Bucknall Two Lakes fly rod (grey with blue whippings) the latter was home built by me in 1976 and looks it! Any info please (most especially from members in the Merseyside and South Lancs area of course) will be appreciated.

W

Wendy Perry

Sorry to hear about that John i hope it gets sorted out soon for you ! i work wigan area so if i hear anything i will certainly let you know .

D

Dave Johnson

check out your local car boot sites John......I saw some stuff a couple of weeks ago that 'may' have been pinched, but it was sold in minutes.....