Harrison Concept Rod.

R

Robert Woods 1

I've got one of the famous FishingMagic Concept rods. Can you get a quiver tip for it as I want it for chubbing on River Dane...???

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Because its an old rod, in terms of fishing tackle turnover that is, Harrisons probably wouldn't have the necessary mandrels to make one but its maybe worth giving them a ring and see what they say.

The only alternative is to change the top ring and facilitate a screw in one but it will never match the rod which is why anglers don't like them.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
The answer lies right here

Read the 'Verdict' and order the quiver top for the Sulis.

W

Wolfman Woody

And if he says you can't just order the quiver tip, tell him I'll have the butt and the Avon top.

Lovely rods!!!!!

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Do you know what Graham I'd forgotten all about the Sulis and at 11ft it was just what I was looking for because I don't possess a tip rod anymore.

I was considering the 12ft 6in carbonactive that Gary reviewed but I thought it might be too light for the Severn and the Wye. Do you think that Sulis is ok for those two rivers Graham?

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

I have used my Sulis on the Trent with good effect.

You don't need to worry about a quiver tip on the Trent however.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Think I might partake of that but my problem now is I've got a Harrisons Triptych 1.5lb thats only been used 3 times and has suddenly become surplus, I'm becoming a tackle tart, and at my age too, madness!

R

Robert Woods 1

Thanks for help. I miss my old John Wilson Avon/Quiver rod but love Concept rod. I'll have to sell some of my fishing books to get quiver tip. I have also got a Harrison 11ft GTi carp rod for Dane barbel, lovely rod.

R

Robert Woods 1

Just been to Harrisons to collect a new quiver top for my rod. A bit pricy but matches butt. I now can go chubbing on River Dane...bet I catch barbel though...!!!