end of season feeding

Matty C

Reaction score
Hi guys..

Am going big perch fishing tomorrow.. however, I would like to get out and do a couple carp sessions before the season ends, but I would like some advice on feeding..

During the summer, I would normally put a big bed of bait out, with pellets and boilies on the hair.. in the winter I would go for a small pva bag with maggots and other particles..

Being the the winter is all but over time wise, and it isnt summer yet, should I stick with the particles, doing winter tactics, or should I get more bait in there as I would in summer.. ?

Cheers guys

Matt

B

BLAM

It really depends on the venue but I would favour putting in more bait than less at this time of year. Temperatures are rising again after a cold snap and the light levels have been steadily improving for several weeks now which might well trigger more of a feeding response than expected.

Matches on carp commercials around my way are being won with some pretty hefty weights of late. Even last weekend when guys had to break holes in the ice to fish they were bagging up. A month or so ago despite apparently more clement conditions people were struggling and having to really fine down their end tackle to get bites.

F

Frothey

lovely warm(relatively) rain, westerlies and low pressure down here at the moment....ideal feeding conditions. shame i cant get out!

i'd play it by ear, put out a little bit of bait and see what happens, if they do respond you can always add more.