Weaver Navigation

Johno

Reaction score
Has any one fished the Weaver Navigation Runcorn / Frodsham streatch. Is there any carp in there ??????? I know there is further up round Northwitch and Barnton but there are some bloody big locks in the way before you get to my streatch, Any info please please please

R

Robert Woods 1

When I worked for ICI at Runcorn a dead common carp around 15lb came floating by.

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
I only fished it once, when I was camping nearby with my ex. wife. The consensus was that although there were odd pockets of fish they were localised. Most of it is de-oxygenated and the bottom is made up of a foot or two of silt, heavy metals and various noxious chemicals.

There were plenty of Eels about, these seem to be quite hardy to these conditions.

Johno

Reaction score
Ric,
Witch streatch did you fish, i'm intreasted in the bit by the black & white swing bridge going out of frodsham, i pass it evevery day and would be easy to bait if i thort it would be worth it, i only fish for carp really

colsmiff

Reaction score
What I want to know is who has the rights to that stretch? Cos Barnton and Frodsham AC certainly don't!

Johno

Reaction score
No body's got the rights for that streatch of the weaver navigation, Warrington have got the streatch of the river weaver runing parrel to the Weaver Navigation, any one know if there are any carp in eather of these stretches