Record Pike

Benny The Bream

Reaction score
I have heard that a record claim has been submitted to the BRFC at 50lb 12oz although my info is a bit sketchy at the moment.
Anyone have any more solid info?

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

No more solid info, same as yourself, apparently rumour has it that a claim has been made to the BRFC at 50 lb 12 oz.

Benny The Bream

Reaction score
Think it came from scotland i have seen a pic its bad quality and the fish is NOWHERE near 50

Morespiders

Reaction score
Caught in Mill Loch {Lochmaben}thrown out already, jiggerypockery, estimated about 30 lb terrible photos its a hoax,

tomo

Reaction score
its in the a/mail today (14 march).
Seen a 30+ my mrs caught.
looks very simaler.
its NOT a 50+ thats why the angling media are being very hush hush......the brfc are investigating the evidence as i speak.
(so they say)

tomo

Reaction score
oh,,and the girth of the "record breaker" doesnt add up.........

T

The Piker

Photo in mail................to me it is not even a 30.

Thought it was a bit fishy,when it all came out.
Why was it left until now to claim it when it was thought to have been caught the back end of last season..

Latest i have, the claim has been chucked out..!!!!!!!

L

levelspiker

i compared it to a pic of my 28lb 8oz pb,in my view the "50" is smaller.
the story that the captor told amazed me.apparently,it was caught using deadbait on a spinning rod,stripped all 70 yards(!) of his 20lb braid from his reel on the first run(who fishes for pike with 70 yds of 20lb braid?,who uses 20lb braid when targetting big pike anyway?)and then he goes on to say that he hooked it again the next day,but lost it at the net!
B******s!,the bloke is a complete noddy in my opinion!
and he has made himself a national idiot!