Chatsworth

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)
  • Start date
R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

I will definitely be there with all the gang of course.

It's got to be a bit of a tradition now, especially sitting with Ed and Graham and Dave, eating a Welsh Oggie with a pint of beer at half time.

This is a show that demands being properly dressed as Ed will know. Tweed jackets, Barbours and Breeks with Tattershall shirts and regimental ties are de rigeur!

Baseball caps are definitley banned. I will choose from my deerstalker or tweed cheesecutter.

The fly tying marquee is where we meet and give a toast to absent friends from our hip flasks.

It's always a great day.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

I might well be going and if so i'll be on one of THE top stands and wearing THE gear to prove it, i'll keep you informed!

It clashes with Clattercote is the only issue i have but i'm sure the Sunday could suffice.

W

And Ron, if you want Tweed then look no further!

R

Saturday or Sunday, it doesn't matter to me. Let's see when Graham can make it.

So what will you be selling on your stand Wol? I have a darned nice sports jacket, in fact two, both of which cost me an arm and a leg.

However a nice tweed cap might be the thing for when I fish the Test later this year what?

W

Wait and see Ron, its superb gear and i'm sure you will agree on the day.

R

Yeah well - probably chav style hoodies and other such crap I'll be bound!

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

It might be double glazing ........

Morespiders

Reaction score
Ron, Maybe, Andy and Wol have got a stand to auction Andys suit. Iv"e heard the Russians are coming, and someone from Porton Down as well, seems they want to know what it is thats on his suit.

E

Hello Spiders
Where've you been ??
Collecting litter ??

R

Well if Andy and Barney come, there will be a heck of a stink.

So come on Ed, save some pennies and buy yourself a nice tweed cap at Chatsworth. I think it's time Graham had one too.

E

I've got a Donegal Tweed cap Ron ---I also have two other ones made by Dunnes the top hatters (they were practically obligatory wear when I worked on the docks--so I dont know where you get the idea that they are 'toffs wear')

R

A Donegal Tweed Cap!!

Where did you nick that Ed?

Dunns the Hatters! What ever happened to them?

I once bought a hat that looked like **** Walker's famous trilby from Dunns. Cost me a fiver!! But it blew off my head in Ireland ca 1966 and disappeared up the channel between Killinure and Coosan.

E

"A Donegal Tweed Cap!!

Where did you nick that Ed?"

I didn't nick it Ron I bought it in Donegal --Where else ???

R

By the way Ed, you remember that bloke dressed up to the nines in a ?500 sports jacket and breeks at Chatsworth last year?

He wasn't a toff at all. He had a hell of a Scouse accent.

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

Sorry Ron but ED's right. My Dad and both my Granddads wore hats and caps bought at Dunnes and they were far from being toffs. Even building labourers got their cloth caps there.
As for dressing up for an angling fair...Jeeezz. I suppose you'll be also be wearing green wellies and hiring a chelsea chariot for the day.

R

A Land Rover with designer mud on it. Now there's a good idea.

I remember when my Grandad was the rolling mill manager at Vickers in Sheffield. He had to wear a bowler hat.

No kidding!!

T

Tony Rocca

Ah a proper angling show, not like the rubbish some of you suffered last weekend.

I should be going.