The Last Weekend...

colsmiff

Reaction score
With the end of the river season upon us, I will be heading for my favorite peg on the River Weaver to have a go at some roach. Having said that it seems to be in spate at the moment so things could get a bit tricky!
Anybody else heading for the rivers this weekend?

C

christian tyroll

off to the medway for one last chance for a barbus barbus, fingers crossed!

T

Terry Comerford

Ohh yessss, The River Arrow Warwickshire, perhaps a rolling mist,cut by a light 14 foot rod, tippy and responsive, a centrepin loaded with 60 mtrs of 2lb line, the last mtr of which is greased with mucilin, leading to a 3BB stick float, attached with three float rubbers, the top one of these just holding the red domed float top in the faintest of surface tension, while below, the float is shotted with number eights and tens, in sets of twos and threes, above an eighteen inch hooklength of 1lb breaking strain, allowing a fine wire 20 to drift, gracefully, amongst the loosfeed and over the silty bottom and........ Ooops sorry, drifted off then , roll on Saturday.

C

Chris Bishop

Decided to work the weekend and have Monday and Tuesday "at it" somewhere with a mate I haven't seen for ages.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Didn't know you fished the Arrow Terry, lovely little river isn't it? I've had some good days on the Arrow and one of my favourite pegs was the first one below the bridge at Wixford fishing the stick, I've taken some big bags on that peg over the years but only fished it at Arrow Mill in the last 2 years.

T

Terry Comerford

Yes gods own river, Graham, I'm a member of 3 clubs with Arrow stretches. Some on the Alne too.

njb51

Reaction score
River Thames - Hopefully the barbel will be playing ball and respect the fact that i will be leaving them alone for the next few months and so give me a bit of sympathy.

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

The Wensum for me on Monday. A bit of stalking for chub first and then settle down running a stick through a nice 4ft. deep run for roach and dace.

Michael Howson

Reaction score
Cant get saturday but the Derwent will be well up anyway. Hope to get out on tuesday with my good friend John Ledger on a last quest for some chub and maybe some grayling. Weve fished a few spots on the river over the last few weeks and while every session hasnt been productive one or two spots are stick-float heaven and thats where we will be heading.

Tom (Bream Machine)

Reaction score
Probably the Fossdyke canal which operates a close season. It has been good fishing for most of the winter in comparison to local rivers which have, to say the least been poor in general. Went to Tattershall bridge on the Witham last Saturday, in the snow...had a good day with loads of Redfins. The Foss gives a good chance for bream, as well as some quality Perch, and anyway...it's good to fish with some finesse. Dependant on the wind, we will either have a pole session, or a day on the waggler.

Y

yoggy

I`m pushed for time but i hope to get a few hours lure fishing in on my local 20 and 40ft drains here in the Fens.

I always seem to finish off the last week lure fishing.

P

paul williams 2

Terry.........Dudley lads know the finer things in life for sure!

Matty C

Reaction score
will probably end up on my river, either chub fishing or perch fishing,.. although would like to get one more carp session if I can.. Dont know if I will though..

T

tom riordan

Fished the Dove last night, its up and rising, hard work but managed a 4lb chub and a 8lb 6oz Barbel. This evening I am giving Swarkestone bridge a go on the Trent, probably will need 8oz to hold if she is pushing through. Tommorrow I will finish the year off back on the Dove.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Where am I going on the last weekend of the season?

Absolutely nowhere!

Just arrived back from Qatar late on Thursday (so I will miss the Thames Fish-In) and am stuck here in the damn Paris office until next Friday.

What a way to make a living!

Good luck and tight lines to everyone who can get out on the rivers.

Y

yoggy

Hard luck Pete,life is a real bitch sometimes!!!!

I`m sure we`ll all be thinking of you when we`re freezing our balls off!!!! ;-)

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Off to Ouse Barbeling in a short while, miss out tomorrow then Monday i shall fish for Perch until dark then move section and fish for Barbel until i've had enough.

C

chris 2

Just come back from the Trent at Shardlow.Last session of the season, blanked and bloody frezzing in that wind.Role on summer.

C

christian tyroll

had my last session earlier, blanked, again lol!
one session closer to that dream fish...............