plumbud

arthur boardman

Reaction score
hi everyone i have a product called plumbud which is a device that attaches to any pole to give reference to the depth of your swim they sell at ?2.99 anybody interested i will give more info if so.

arthur boardman

Reaction score
hi tom no its not at all like tippex, nor an elastic band i fixed mine to my pole 6 years ago and it is still in place it is a waterproof sticker that i sent to the patent office 5 years ago most of my friends use them. I am now in a position to try and sell them and i am sure that if i get the right contacts they will be big. every pole angler shoul have one.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Is it like a piece of insulation tape ???

arthur boardman

Reaction score
hi ed and beecy no its not insulation tape its the bees knees if you are in sheffield i live in glossop at the end of the snake if you want me to show you i will be glad to have a run out any sunday we go out for dinner anyway and you are only half an hour away i know you will want one .

P

Phil Hackett Manchester Granitewith Pride

So Arthur you hold a UK patent on this idea then? And you?re into the 5th year of your patent, if I?m reading your post correctly? That must be costing you a fair wedge now in patent upkeep fees on an annual basis. I can therefore understand your need to start shifting product, if only to cover the patent cost alone.
BTW what?s the patent number for it?

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Arthur, next time you're in town pop into W H Smiths and see if they've got a big packet of Capital letters and a packet of punctuation marks. It's why the patent has yet to get processed; they can't make head nor tail of it!

My experience of gadgets for fishing is that if something is really good people will go to endless trouble to get it or make their own, or find someone that can make them. Take catapults. None in the shops 30/40 years ago but everyone made their own with a bit of wire, leather and elastic - it was and still is a must have.

In other words if the world is not beating a path to your door then they are getting by without it.

Beecy

Reaction score
I wouldnt want you to go to the trouble of coming over to show me the thing Arthur, it will cost you more than the ?2.99 in petrol !

A discription will do.

I use a small slither of tape as a marker as I find tipex a bugger to get off.

What advantages does the plumbud offer over my piece of tape?

Beecy

Reaction score
an obvious advantage of the tape is that its cheap, in fact it is free as my stepdad who is an electrician has given me enough to last about 10 lifetimes in all different colours.

I use the different colours because I often mark 3 or 4 different depths on one top kit.

I allways plumb up a section further out and one closer in as well as my main line, and also side to side and mark the different depths.

arthur boardman

Reaction score
Ive seen a small slither of tape on many poles, problem is nexttime out fishing on another swim the depth will be different therefore you have to remove the old tape, with the plumbud you dont have a problem because it is fixed permanent until you want to remove it. Also because the plumbud can mark your depth to within half an inch or less you can be much more accurate and the small slither of tape you use looks unsightly certainly but also when wet i think you will agree does tend to peel up leaving bits of tape that can sometimes carch your pole line,i have tried all different ways of marking the depth believe me this is the best.

arthur boardman

Reaction score
Hi mark, sorry about the punctuation marks etc,i see your point on the catapults but you dont see many home made ones on the banks these days. Perhaps when my product gets more advertisement, which i hope will be soon, you will then agree that you wished you could have got them long ago.

arthur boardman

Reaction score
Hi Phil i dont know if you have ever applied for a patent or not but believe me it does cost a fair wedge as you so put it. as for the patent no why would you want to know and why should i tell, i only want to shift my product not my no.

Beecy

Reaction score
so what exactly is it Arthur, you say it is fixed permanent? how does it work? whats it look like?

Why not put a picture of one in the gallery so we can have a look?

P

paul williams 2

Do you have to be able to write the Queens English or summat to be capable of inventing something now then????

For all i know Arthur may be the mad proff off the muppets but why knock him for his punctuation????????

I understood him OK.....

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

I think he meant the heading to the thread ---

If I was trying to advertise or tell people about something I'd invented --Id have headed the thread

"PLUMBUD".......Depth Marker

or at least use capitals when talking about it

Beecy

Reaction score
If I was trying to advertise something I'd describe exactly what it was and how it works !

I agree though that there is no need to pull Arthur, or anybody for that matter, up on spelling/grammar/punctuation. after all, its a web forum not a job application !