Harrison 1.12 Interceptor V.S Chimera No.2

F

Froob Froob

Hello people. Has anyone used either of these rods and can they offer an opinion on them please?
The rivers that i will be fisihng will be places like the Loddon, Kennet, H.Avon as well as the Teme.
Is the interceptor a more responsive/forgiving rod? I take it that it has plenty of backbone to deal with a big barbel if hooked near a snag?

*Froob*

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
The Interceptor is the rod for barbel with lines up to 10lb. Anything heavier then go for the Chimera.

Both rods have a slightly more through-action than most other rods of the same type.

Both rods are top class (but I would say that wouldn't I:)-)

Len Heap

Reaction score
I've got both rods and can confirm they are superb tools for barbel fishing, the Interceptor will handle most situations and is certainly more forgiving than the Chimera. If I'm throwing big weights out into a raging river then the Chimera comes out, otherwise it's the Interceptor everytime. Wouldn't like to be without either.

Cheers

Len

N

Neil Blood

I visited the Harrison Factory with the intention of buying an Interceptor; however on seeing the rod, I just hated the cosmetic finish and especially the unground blank finish.

I opted for the Chimera No 2, which has since done all I have asked of it (Summer level or winter flood). This said, in some situations I've been a little over gunned with the Chimera No'2 i.e. the middle upper Severn where the Barb's average 5 - 7lb with the odd bigger fish to 9lb. To remedy this I bought a Peregrine GTI, which is again on a Harrison blank, and is a little lighter in action than the Chimera No 2.

Also Check out the BFW Harrison I-Powers, as I've heard nothing but praise from all who own them.

http://www.peregrinerods.co.uk/peregrine-gti-12ft-barbel-rod.htm

http://www.barbel.co.uk/site/shop/system/index.htm

Neil