day ticket fisheries

spudccfc

Reaction score
does anyone know of a speciem fishery within 30 miles of coventry that has a good number of twentys and a couple or more thirtys

U

unknownforce

same question for tunbridge wells too please (excluding frant lakes and elphicks)

L

little Stu!

I'm in the same boat 'Unknownforce' moved to crowborough a year ago, and not sure on venues. You may have to travel a liitle matey!

U

unknownforce

hey little stu. have you tried elphicks, its good fishing in the summer.

at the moment i go to a small (1.5acre) farm lake, day ticket water. its only a fiver for the day and i have been catching each trip recently (albeit pasties)

there are quite a few fish around the 5-10lb mark and six or seven doubles, one of which was last out at just under 30. is also quiet too - my little secret! pm me and i will give you directions

where have you been fishing?

stu

B

BLAM

Try PowderMill Fishery about 10 so so miles south of Tunbridge Wells (opposite Maresfield on the A22) which has only been opened to the public a couple of weeks. It's an estate lake complex with 3-4 stream fed ponds, leading into a 6 acre main lake. Original carp are present to 30lb and some Simmos have recently been stocked to mid doubles. Also Tench, Bream and 20 or so 20lb+ pike.

Otherwise just pick up the Freshwater Informer in any local tackle shop. It's full of Kent & Sussex venues.

B

Bob Watson

Cuttle mill, not too far from Coventry, may be more than 30 mile though. What about Coombe Abbey? there used to be some big fish in there, it's got Zeds too if you're that way inclined!