there's a hole in my

nicky

Reaction score
For a change i went to a commercial yesterday, knowing it is full of roach i went there fished just one rod and really set my stall out for them.
Caught a massive bag of roach probably the most i have caught in one day at the end of the day pulled my keep net in looking forward to seeing my prized bag, but there was a bloody hole in the bottom and there was about 5 fish in there.

William Pastuszka

Reaction score
Ah, the law of sod...

Cannot remember, how many times that happened to me, when I first started out fishing.

Now I always get into the habit of checking my nets before I use them & haven't had that problem since.

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
You've just reminded me, my keepnet must 15 year old, still in original stink bag (probably still stinking), only used 3 times most. Glad I don't use keepnet anymore, even on commercials. Could be I don't catch fish.:wh

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I dont use a keepnet now unless its a Chav Vs Aces match, then i have to borrow one as i dont own a keepnet anymore.

Strange because i used to enjoy having a look at what i had caught at the end of the day.

Nigel Connor had the same problem a few weeks ago with a retaining net. He caught a few nice Roach and wanted a photo at the end of the day.

set everything up ready and lifted an empty retainer from the water.....:eek::eek:, I had to laugh, but it really isnt funny.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Not the vbest of days then Nicky, so in reality you may have only caught six fish?:D

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
reminds me of a match on the GUC about 6 years ago at Apsley and I was bagging up with chublets and gudgeon on the whip, the pegs either side of me were doing the same, come the weigh in and I thought I was in the coin with a 1st 2nd or 3rd but a small hole in my net ........

and then the wheel on my trolley shed a tyre on the walk back................