last cast

little oik

Reaction score
Just wondering whether | am the only one who ends up having about half a dozen last casts before actually packing up or are there any others out there .Its time to come clean:)

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Just wondering whether | am the only one who ends up having about half a dozen last casts before actually packing up or are there any others out there .Its time to come clean:)

Funny enough Oik there was a thread regarding this subject not that long ago.

I dont know how many i have........:wh

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
I don't know about you William, but this is the senario I get with my mate. As usual, he's then late getting home and gets in the neck of his misses. Blames me no doubt, or the traffic. usually he misses the next week.
I just phone my misses and say "I'm going to be late", as usual.:wh

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I always allow for thelast cast before i even go.

When the misses asks what time am i home, it's a simple, Dont know, i will ring you when i am leaving, but i always ring if i am staying late into the night.

William Pastuszka

Reaction score
I don't know about you William, but this is the senario I get with my mate. As usual, he's then late getting home and gets in the neck of his misses. Blames me no doubt, or the traffic. usually he misses the next week.
I just phone my misses and say "I'm going to be late", as usual.:wh

Exactly the same here, Ed, got an old friend of mine into no end of bother with his missus, over sticking it out that bit longer.:D

stikflote

Reaction score
i dont have a last cast i decide what time i,ll pack up and usually pack
up close to time i,ve set myself,tho i would not get it in the neck if i was late home,
may have to cook my own tea tho its not a problem.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Do wives really nag husbands if they arrive home 'late' from fishing?

I always tended to make it absolutley clear that I was an angler and a good husband NOT a good husband that went fishing 'sometimes' and can honestly say I've never had a wife (or girlfriend in my young days) that ever complained............they may have been thinking it but they never said a word!!

These days I say I'll be home at an approximate time unless i phone to say otherwise and I try never to go out fishing if we are due to go out for dinner or whatever....I like to relax when I return from the river and I'm usually knackered anyway!!

greeny1321

Reaction score
Last cast? I must have 50 or more, it's usually a call from my mrs to which I answer "I'm just gonna try one more spot then come home" and its usually dark by the time she sees me (or by the time I leave the bank he he)

Fishing Gimp

Reaction score
Last casts can often save you from the old 'El Blanco' with a good fish. I know this sounds stupid but I often say out loud to the 'Fishing Gods'....Give us a fish and I'll p*ss off and leave you alone. It really works but you have to keep your promise until next time or they will get revenge; such as your best reel falling in the river or that box of good flies jumping out of your pocket into the lake!!!