Last day for the river -

F

Fred Bonney

Not me either,spent yesterday on the middle Trent,not a nibble.Today we've had snow all day.
I'm getting too old for winter late night sessions!

C

christian tyroll

my local club has a traditional close seasion so il be onto commercials after tench, and theres no carp in the lake to get pestered by. just silver fish, crucians and tench (and big tench at that :D)!

sorry bit of subject just got carried away......

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Nah! no chance of catching on the river for me, except my death of cold, thats it for this season. Roll on those balmy summer days and evenings with shirt off and the birds singing catching enormous barbel and chub then leaving contented with a happy smile on my face. Couple of cool pints of lager in the pub then home for a lovely slap up meal prepared and ready on the table as soon as I walk in. "Did you have a nice day" she will say, "is there anything else I can get you darling?"

Just practicing my dreams for the restless nights until next June 16th, a man's got to dream hasn't he?

W

Wolfman Woody

If no-one else has noticed, Sheffeld Lad said -

"Going to the Trent tomorrow - fewer anglers there then :)"

Hopefully he is joking.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
I'm glad I went fishing today. I enjoyed both the fishing and the company very much.

M

mark williams 4

< Anyone going and sticking it out until midnight?>

Is that entirely legal? Not in this weather, Woody

stuart clough

Reaction score
Sneaked in a token hour after work - didn't even stay 'til dark. Just nice to watch the orange tipped float slide gracefully down the Avon and feel the 'pin going round for one last time. Will have moved up north by the time the season opens again, so it may be as final as it sounds at least for the Avon. Last fish from the Avon was a salmon parr. Perch, bass and possibly smoothound the next targets.

Trevor Sawyer

Reaction score
Wimps, the lot of you LOL ;o)
Yes, I was out until midnight after chub on my local river and although it was wet until about 10pm, it wasn't as cold as recently. After 6 biteless hours at 11-45pm, the bobbin suddenly twitched up to the rod and I struck.... thin air. Ah well, that big chub will have to wait for next year. Oddly, I genuinely REALLY enjoyed it. There was a barn owl quartering a field just on dusk and it was great just to be out. I don't fish between mid March and June 16th, so it is now the start of the decorating season again for me. I must amass enough brownie points for my wife to let me enjoy the rivers next term.
Tight lines to everyone for the next river season anyway.
Trev

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

I spent my traditional last day attempting to catch a big Avon roach and traditionally failing to even get a bite!

Nice day on Throop on Monday though. 3 chub of 5.3,5.8 and 5.9.The bigger two where on the feeder with a 20 hook and 2lb bottom a la Stef Horak.Its surprising how easy they were to get in with a bit of gentle coaxing.The smaller chub gave me more grief on 6lb straight through.

Sunday , I was on the very cold Avon at Bisterne where I hooked a good chub on the float but pulled out trying to keep out of the near bank weeds.

Roll on next year when that big Avon roach will be mine!