SO, HOW DID YOUR FINAL DAY GO?

big gus

Reaction score
Would like to hear how everybody who braved it tonight finished up??

Let's end the season with tales - fishy or otherwise - to make people look forward to June 16.

Fair play to all those who ventured out this evening...

Gus

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
Matt Brown and I battled through snow and ice to fish the upper reaches of the Wye around Builth Wells on Sunday/ Monday.

I was staggered to haul out around 30lb of grayling and trout on the float before switching to legered bread and catching 4 chub averaging over 4lb appiece.

Matt had grayling to 1-7. I included wild brownies topping a couple of pounds in my catch.

What a fantastic way to end what has been a pretty dire winter.

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

A few roach and a chub about 2lb. Bit of a grueller.

Roll on 16th June.

J

John McLaren

Bob Cragg and I decided that our river season had ended prematurely on the 9th we spent Tuesday piking on a cheshire mere -blanked!!!!!

D

dave mac

me and the missus took caravan to bridgenorth for the last w/end had 2 barbel out on saturday. thought was in for a good w/end even though river in flood. then the bloody snow came on sunday ended up coming home 2 days early. worst end of season weather i,ve ever had. roll on june caravan in tow will be off again

Tom (Bream Machine)

Reaction score
Loads of small roach fishing down the track on my local canal...nothing spectacular, but me and my mate had good fun. Off to the chill of the local small lake now.....positively marble!

fred hall

Reaction score
Could only manage last Saturday on my beloved Ribble. In the afternoon a 2lb chub and a daft little seatrout took a fancy to my maggots so at least I didn't blank. I persevered until 8pm when the bitter cold eventually got through to me (but the new Skeetex boots kept my feet warm). As I reached for the rod to reel in for the last time the tip suddenly started bouncing about and I struck into what felt like a good fish. Sadly it promptly snagged me and a couple of minutes later the hooklength broke. Time to go home.
Footnote - it wasn't just a good fish it was mega, barbel 20lb min!

C

Chris Bishop

Went out with a mate I haven't been with for ages on a fairly exclusive water. He was quite looking forward to it.

Telling him how mint and hard fighting the pike were, how only me and two other guys fish the place for them, every other one's a double etc.

Clack. Wee-ee-ee-ee get a take. Catch the mankiest looking pike I've seen all season, great big chomp mark on its side, blind in one eye and almost white.

Err....

Mate eventually nails a nice double and a bait-sized pikelet.

Then I get another take, and it's the minger again.