nice foto

P

Predrag

Beautiful (and big) chub & nice foto, Sean.
Congratulation!
Rgds

Jon Bedford

Reaction score
nice fish sean, i noticed on the thread regarding this catch that you fish the wharfe, is it just me or are about 50% of the bigger chub on the wharfe are deformed in some way (massive head and body, tiny tail section ect) are these type fish present in other Yorkshire rivers or just a wharfe phenomenum (spelling?) and has anyone any idea what causes these freaks?

P

Predrag

Sean, are you photographer? (among the rest)
I ask because of your another Album
Rgds

S

Sean Meeghan

Hi Pedrag.

Sorry I've only just seen this post! The photo was taken by a friend of mine on my camera. I do have a remote so I can take pictures of myself, but I prefer to have someone I can trust take them.

S

Sean Meeghan

Jon, same excuse as for Pedrag! I suspect that the fish you are catching are old fish as Chub do tend to go a bit tadpole like in old age. My mate, who fishes the Wharfe a lot more than me, calls the bigger Chub 'breeze blocks' as thats exactly what they look like - a brick with fins!

One thing that we have noticed is that there are a lot of fish in the 4lb to 5lb bracket that still look relatively young so that bodes well for the chub fishing on the Yorkshire rivers over the next few years,