Three rivers and a few lakes:

Morph

Reaction score
I'm so glad I've found this site, having read many tackle reviews I'm pleased to see that the purchases I've made recently to replace my aging tackle seem to be money well spent. Like many others of you out there I'm coming back to Pleasure fishing after many years absence. Now living on the Herts Bucks border I'm surrounded by quite a bit of water but don't know which ones to fish. Having walked a few likely looking ones the clubs named on the signs posted there seem to have long disappeared. I have done the usual brain pick of my local tackle shop but the club they pointed me to and I subsqently joined was shall we say disapointing, the waters were either in accessable or poor quality (I'll not name either the club or the shop for now but...)So could one or two of you give me some clues as to where I might try for next season? I'd like to find some off the beaten track waters where I can find some good Tench, Chub, Barbel sport. If this can be done within one club fine but I don't mind signing up to a couple or would I be better off exploring a few locations on day ticket first? Any sensible suggestions will be considered.

D

Deecy ACA

Off the beaten track , not easy in our part of the world Morph.
You might try these
www.gxudas.co.uk
Uxbridge Rovers
www.harrowangling.co.uk
or I would suggest heading west along the A40 /M40 and looking at some of the clubs that control the Thames for Chub and Barbel,they also have some good Tench waters.
I did an article not long ago on the Thames o this site , loads of clubs in that piece.
Your best bet is to go out with ordnance survey map checking out bits of blue , if you like the look find out the controlling club.
Wild guess, the tackle shop you asked in was Harefield Tackle ?