Tubing how long

D

Denis Goulding 2

Hi all,
If u use tubing how, what lenght do u prefer and why?????.
Also how u do thread ur line through it..
Regards,
Denis.......................

B

Big Rik

Length depends, but the minimum for anti tangle purposes, should be several inches longer than your rig and for benevalence to the fish, it should be at least 3 feet, to stop your line lifting off any scales.

Threading is done via a diamond eye tube threader, or a pole elastic threader.

U

unknownforce

i use leaders. guaranteed to sink and stay on the bottom plus you dont have to thread line thruogh it, just tie it on. the new korda safe zone ones are good and have tungsten along the length of it to ensure its pinned down

F

Frothey

"it should be at least 3 feet, to stop your line lifting off any scales."

its funny rik, i do the same thing, yet havent had a problem with lifting scales when floater fishing with nylon straight through.

funny how we think innit?

gilesy

Reaction score
gulp ! i thought that for years but never said anything

B

Big Rik

was thinking that myself when I posted it, waiting for someone to spot it.

I posted this question on the carpers lodge forum about 6 or 7 years ago and I still have had a satisfactory answer.

I think we do as much as we can to mitigate against assumed damage/danger etc, but there does come a point when you can only do so much.

U

unknownforce

forgot to add, i always use a slack lie too

ps - i dont use leaders for safety, i use them to make sure my line is pinned down - i also always use flying backleads (which is a pain as i have to rig up before every session as i dont like keeping them on the line in transport), but i think its worth it

when margin fishing i just use line straight through and a slack line, with a normal back lead.

its also worth noting that tubing is still thin enough to lift off a scale. i have also never used tubing and never lifted a scale from a fish when not using a leader.

D

Denis Goulding 2

Thanks all for answers, as i thought 3ft is about the lenght i prefer. Never had a problem lifting off scales when using smaller lenghts of tubing. I mainly use the heavier ubing to pin down the line also.
Thanks again for all the replies.
Regards,
Denis

PTnymph

Reaction score
Length should be around 2ft to at least 3 feet, And I do the same as Big Rik that the threading is done via a diamond eye tube threader.

D

Denis Goulding 2

I have used pole threader but when they kink, they are no longer ofa ny use at all.
A diamond eye threader????, where would i obtain such an implement.
Regards,
Denis...............