Trigger Grips

G

Gary Knowles

I have a great little lure rod that I use with a fixed spool reel. The problem is this I occasionally want to use a small multiplier with it but without a trigger grip it tends to rotate in your hand when in use. Is there anything on the market like a temporary trigger grip that I can attach when using the multiplier but remove when using the fixed spool. Even a home made idea would help.

Any ideas anyone ?

R

Rob Brownfield

Gary, have you thought about using a coaster grip as used by beach casters. I use a small foam covered one that i got through sea angler magazine. They are about a tenner for two. I slip it over the butt and slidde up against the reel, tighten up...and thats it...simple. U hook your finger around it and it workd great. Make sure u get one with plastic loop rather than metal, as the metal will damage the fuji reel seat....if that makes sense?

Hope this helps

G

Gary Knowles

Rob,

Sounds just the job, have you got a product name, code or anything handy that I could use in my search for one.

Cheers

Gary

R

Rob Brownfield

Gary, ANY sea angling shop will have them. There are lots of different companies out there making them. Try Breakaway Tackle.

Just phone up a shop and ask for Neoprene coated Coasters...they will know what u are on about.

P

Paul Williams

Gary,
I think they also sell what Rob describes in those shops with boarded up windows and "Adults Only" on the door.....bet your mate GE would know ;o)

R

Rob Brownfield

Gary...just looked in the Harris catalogue, they have them listed.

G

Gary Knowles

Cheers Rob.

Brummie - you'r one sick little monkey ! ! !