Lidl

S

Spoddy Dave

Bought a remote controlled lamp from there for a tenner works great.
Same one in argos,without the remote costs ?15.00.

J

John McLaren

The cantilever box doesn't hold as much as it should - there are fins inside the main body that severely restrict what you can store below the trays.

chalky

Reaction score
ive bought a lot of stuff in last years fishing sale , its pretty good but dont buy the little chairs [not the 3 leg one] the folding with shoulder carrying strap they dont last long and the bolt makes the aluminium bend and make it very unsafe, but the rods are ok the boxes of floats and other stuff are good, you can always bulk buy and sell it to the daft americans a box of goodies cost ?9.99 my mate sells them on ebay to americans for ?40 a time, they will buy anything those yanks they are mad just like bush.

S

Spoddy Dave

I bought a chair from them,seemed a bargain.
When i unfolded it and sat down i couldn't get back out of it,was to low to the ground.
No good for the more mature in years!!

S

Steve King

My brother bought some waders last year and they're fine!

Michael Howson

Reaction score
I bought a pair of binoculars for a tenner.
I dont know much about binos but these are great for the money when i see what they can cost.

N

NottmDon

Saw the double page add in the weeklies and thought I'd gone back in time to the 60s lol!
One picture actually had a pike gagg (if thats the correct word), for holding the unfortunate fishes mouth open whilst unhooking. Whilst fairly new to predator fishing (cus I'm scared of fish with teeth lol) I understood such items to have been banished a long time ago.Maybe I am mistaken and its just another tool perhaps?
I admire Lidl for trying but do wish theyd consulted with someone who knew their angling and their tackle as its a golden opportunity to get a lot of "never been fishing" members of the general public to wet a line for the first time.

chalky

Reaction score
there bite alarms are pretty good 5 settings on them and also a sensitivity button , good value compared to the rip of prices in the tackle shops. [and complete with bankstick]

Paul B

Reaction score
Been for a look; got one of the small lure packs for perch and the boat tidy (for my bedchair, also the line counter to give an idea what i'm loading on my reels.
While I was there I picked up a battery operated passive infra red alarm with a 10m range for ?6. Having a play with it now; seems good to use for nights bivvied-up to let you know when you have visitors, good and loud!It's not water-proof tho.

F

Fish Hawk

We Have Lidl here in France, you need to be a bit careful when buying though, the French tend to open the boxes (of what-ever) to check the item but often leave bits & pieces out, or don't put it back at all!
The boxes of tackle bits & pieces are good value, just make sure they haven't been opened.
The pike gags here are the ones with a 'metal ball' on the ends, not that I would ever use one.