any cure

Tony Hyland 2

Reaction score
any one got a cure for cold feet when fishing,its the last hour thats gets to my feet,will try anything

C

christian tyroll

also get some extra thick walking socks from your local camping shop!

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Unless your footwear is absolutely tragic, listen to Cakey!

Naked, some 60% of your heat-loss is from your head. Clothed, it's 90% or more. If you're feeling the cold, the first garment you should reach for is a hat.

W

Wolfman Woody

Lag your legs.

Get a good pair of long-johns on, they'll help keep the blood warm on it's journey to and from your feet.

I bought me a genuine sheepskin Russki hat when I was out in Poland a couple of weeks ago. Son-in-law was taking the **** out of me, but I know he was only jealous really, pig sick that he was too afraid to go and ask for one. ?10 it cost and a real beauty.

C

Cakey

Alan its so true ,I didnt believe it at first ,I used to cry with cold feet and then I got a thermal hat now my thermal boots are redundant and I wear normal socks with normal trainers and Im fine !

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Surely you would need two hats one for each foot??

J

Jeremy Preston

Fleecy Welly (that's wElly) warmers. And agree about the hat and warm trousers (not jeans).

swanny999

Reaction score
Heated socks like Here or various others on the market. Never tried them myself Skeetex or Sundridge Hotboots do it for me. An alternative years ago was a storm lantern between the feet and a groundsheet over the legs to keep the warmth in.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
I wear coolmax socks, then some Seal Skinz waterproof socks and finally some Sundridge Hot Foot boots.

In previous years I've used some Gore-Tex walking boots but going over to the Hot Foots has been a revelation. I should have done it sooner.

matt

Reaction score
tony
when your feet feel like they are getting cold but before they are freezing you need to get up and do a dance as portrayed by red indians in the movies. Do the woo wooing noises and the hand to and from the mouth.

I guarantee you this will warm up your feet.

Well you said you would try anything!!

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

Skeetex boots, Thermal socks, Thermal longjohns and a pair of good heavy trousers.

Tony Hyland 2

Reaction score
thanks for the info,off fishing sunday at lower broadheath first match of the seson might get my first double

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Good Luck! We want a photo of the fish, the hat, the suit'n'boots AND the sundance!

Two more points: food, calorific, eg noodles/pasta splodge to keep the ol' fire stoked; and don't break sweat, even if it means trolleying your kit gently to your swim then going back to the car to dress up. In this weather, sitting around in wet clothing (specially over your kidneys)ranks with Russian roulette and nude train-surfing.(Old army saying: any fool can be uncomfortable)
Nanny has spoken, nailed up his soft southern colours, and will get his coat...