Kevin Perkins Thames sit in

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
No surprises there then Kevin but like you say its good practice for Clattercote is'nt it? Lets face it, where else would you get such perfect conditions for a blank, even the locals never catch fish, but as a bonus they do a nice line in joggers so Woody tells me!

Woody said he caught two but what he didn't say was that he took them there to use as live bait but it was a friendly match after all and the expected pike didn't materialise anyway so why wouldn't you weigh them in!

W

Wolfman Woody

"Woody has caught a couple - probably by fishing in someone's live bait bucket"

Les Clarke will confirm that my Dace was fairly hooked from the river and I forget who it was saw my earlier roach tangled in the weed.

I honestly didn't know you'd turned up, Kevin, no one said. I take it the lovely Amanda was NOT with you otherwise news would soon have travelled up the bank and I would have been down to your swim faster than me little legs can carry me.

Next time, come along and fish next to me. I'll show you how Kevin because we somehow have to overcome this ineptitude of yours for not catching fish. :eek:)

Can't do anything much about falling on your backside though.

K

Kevin Perkins 3

Woody
You know that unlike most modern fishing superstars, I prefer to keep a low profile on the bank, saves all that bother with signing autographs, fighting off groupies etc. etc. Amanda still isn't too well at the moment, if she's up to it, I might be able to get her to present the trophy at Clattercote.

Of course I would welcome the opportunity to watch and learn at the feet of the Master, and to that end I have a cunning plan for Clattercote that involves a fiendish bit of kit that I am currently modifying from a seasonal dispensing device I happened on the other day (can't say too much, someone might be listening)

Perhaps another pre-event sortie a week or so before the main event might be in order

L

Les Clark

Woody had the dace fare an square ,in fact his shout woke me up , I thought he had hooked a 20lb barbel at least .
I nearly had a double with one cast , a walker and a cyclist who was not amused but I told him , "get you on your return ", no sense of humour some people !
My wife Chris was doing a great P.R. job for F/M ,explaining to passer`s by ,why there where 15 or so nutters fishing on the bank`s of the Thames when the pub`s were open ,she did tell them that we were only allowed out once a month on day release ,so we were to be humoured and that she was the charge nurse .

L

Les Clark

Kevin ,Ive only just noticed that the pike in fact must be from ozz or very pissed as it is upside down , or failing that I am very pissed !

K

Kevin Perkins 3

Les
Had a look at a close-up of the pike and the ventral fins are at the bottom, so that makes you......

Jonny
I get enough grief about my (less than spetacular) abilities as an angler, if you're going to start giving me a hard time about my skills as a happy snapper I'm going to take up golf.....

njb51

Reaction score
thought it was quite artistic myself.

........but then again i've always been crap at drawing!

;-)

K

Kevin Perkins 3

Jonny

I think that my next article should consist entirely of pictures with captions underneath, rather than loads of text with the occasional illustrations, just like a comic. Oh no, I can't, that's already been done, they call it Angler's Mail.....!

shep

Reaction score
kevin i read that booklet that you gave me laughed me t*ts of at couple of the stories could you please send me the email adress of more cheers mate

L

Les Clark

I`ve just put my reveiw of pub`s and restuarants in Cookham on the Cookham website ,maybe pissed one landlord off ,but that will teach him to dress worse than me !

shep

Reaction score
cheers kevin looking forward to reading them

many thanks shep