Any mullet anglers out there?

stuart clough

Reaction score
Caught some big golden greys in a survey off the power station outfall at Shoreham once - might be worthy of further investigation.

M

mark williams 4

In my experience, you need to be in exactly the right spot, wherever you go. Mullet are odd creatures, and fixate on features such as sewage outfalls or jetties in the same way that some coarse fish do.

You could spend days without ever being near a mullet if you choose badly. Thankfully, where they occur, they usually show themselves in the shallows. Sometimes they are uncatchable where you actually see them, but in deepish water nearby (six feet or more) they can be tempted to feed with mashed bread, etc.

Pound for pound, mullet are the hardest fighting sea fish I've ever caught. and just fascinating

M

Mike Parker (TWIT WC & Chain)

Shhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't let every know about Mullet. I use Mullet fishing as my warm up to the opening of the rivers and will quiet often travel to Southampton during May & June (a lot of Christchurch A C rivers don't open until July)

I would go as far as to say that Mullet are THE best fighting fish to be had on rod & line in the UK!- better than Salmon & Barbel

Can't help with Sussex there are too many good spots around Southampton to wander further afield.

B

Bill Cox

Don't know the area so cant help but i would agree with mike that mullet are the best fighting fish in uk waters. To coin a much over used Phrase these days "JUST AWESOME" !!!

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Mike,
Only Sopley, Dudmoor and Avon Tyrrell open on July 1st; the rest (over 90%) are open from 16th June.

simon yorke-johnson

Reaction score
Watching the Adur and the Arun like a hawk in the next couple of months or so... any signs and I'll be at 'em.
Walked a 8km stretch of the Arun this am I'm just drooling.....found some good looking swims, not too far from the road!!!