Trout Fisherman

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)
  • Start date
R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

I've just picked up the latest issue of Trout Fisherman.

It's the "new look" issue and certainly there are lots of good advice in this mag.

How to locate overwintered trout on the reservoirs for example. And tips for beginners on casting techniques.

And there is a lovely article on seatrout with a bit of top class photography.

All in all, worth ?2.80.

The only criticism are the photos of too many people wearing baseball caps.

But at least my friend Peter Cockwill is shown on the front page wearing a proper hat!

Fishing Gimp

Reaction score
I saw Peter last week and he was looking very chipper; and I made him smile as I purchased a cortland line off of him. In fact it was the newish 444 classic which I am looking forward to putting through its paces this April when the River season opens.

NT

Reaction score
Lets hope Trout Fisherman can keep up this level of quality. Although photos of the top 10 flies they published differed from the dressings given & the accepted patterns.

There's nothing wrong with baseball caps - at least you can fit a hood over them.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Ron doesn't wear a baseball cap because he doesn't play baseball. So he wears a bush hat because.........

Over to you lads.

Had I better move this thread to Baitbox?

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

...he doesn't get any bush ???

...he's a friend of George Bush??

...he lurks in bushes??

S

Shrek

He's like a bush, but more of a thicket...!

Back on topic though, how many pages of ad's were in the new look TF then?

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

Adrian, I am surprised at you.

Ads are what pay for magazines. The cost of printing the mag is probably 5 times more than the selling price. Thank goodness there are plenty of ads.

Provided the ads are from quality suppliers, and most are, I have no objection at all.

As for my hat remarks, well it seems to be getting through to a few people.

Wait while you see our Graham in his latest SA bush hat complete with Oz corks at a future fish in!