What have I done....?

• Thread starter Richard[reformed fly angler]Huggett
  • Start date
R

Richard[reformed fly angler]Huggett

My doctor tells me that he would prefer me to take up a more mobile style of fishing, one that doesn't involve me sitting on my ass watching a pair of bobbins doing nothing.
So, wishing to comply with his orders I stopped off in the local tackle shop this afternoon on my way home from work....fatal move.
I'm now a good few quid lighter having bought myself a complete new trout outfit...the whole lot from the rod down to the line grease. New net, lines, reel and spools, bag, leader material...what have I done?

Chalk Springs...here I come.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

What have I done????
Forgot to get some flys?

R

Just checked....phew. Got flies.

B

Big Swordsy... Satans little helper:O)

Fantastic innit I'm off to the Bower tuesday (weather permitting) and hopefully a couple of raibows and maybe if I am really lucky a brownie will be coming home with me.

I have a good feeling about my new fly!

R

Getting exited about going fishing again, been a long time since I chucked a piece of fluff about.
No too sure when the first trip will be...next weekend I'm taking 'er indoors to Brands Hatch for the first round of the British Superbikes championship, so probably the following one will be my second coming.

Good luck at Bower..

S

Shrek

Good to see you're getting back into proper fishing Mr H!!!

Shame you're so far away otherwise I might see you at the Press Manor Fish In in May.

Let us know how you get on though.

BTW, what kit did you end up with?

R

Ah...Mr H.

I ended up with a Masterline 8'6" size 6/7 rod, my old favourite SKP Professional WF7 hi-vis floater, a nice shiny new ABU tele net, a rather nice Okuma Airframe wide arbour reel, and all the usual bits and bobs you just HAVE to have!

S

Shrek

I have a spare 9'6" #6/7 2 piece that you're more than welcome to if you want it. It's a Ron Thompson Steelhead rod and has served me well.

Let me know if you fancy it as you helped me out loads when I took the sport up.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

What Richard, I thought you would have had a Sage, Loomis or Thomas & Thomas!

Got to look the part when you go to Avington.

And have you got yourself a proper hat and not one of those silly baseball caps!!

R

Adrian...what sort of price would you be wanting for the R/T mate?

Ron...I've had some of the top gear before and quite honestly I could never justify shelling out that sort of cash on something that I could break as easily as a forty quid one!
Car doors...puff of wind...thin carbon tips...pass the cheque book please!

And as for me 'at..I have a sooper dooper wide brimmed marvel of an 'at, made from real leather!!!!!

Oh, and the Masterline is 9'6", not 8'6"...blame Mr John Walker for the typographical error!!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

"A super dooper wide brimmed marvel of a hat"

Good for you Richard.

Another convert - :0)

Whooo Hooo!!