At the risk of starting off WW3...

• Thread starter Richard[reformed fly angler]Huggett
  • Start date
R

Richard[reformed fly angler]Huggett

Does any one know what happened to Clive White? I know he created uproar when the story of his record trout came out, but whatever your opinion of the man and whatever he did, he was a bloody good stalker of big trout.
I heard he retired completely from fly fishing...?

R

Richard[reformed fly angler]Huggett

Children....ooh, nasty, pink and expensive.

Quite like a big rainbow I 'spose..

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

I've often failed to see what all the fuss is about when these big hatchery bred trout are caught, even if they might break some sort of record.

If a fishery owner on his own lake wishes to stock these big fish, who shall say him nay? If an angler wishes to fish for such trout, who shall say him nay? If a fish farmer manages to outdo another fishfarmer in rearing a bigger fish, so what?

These fish do very little harm to the environment and after they are stocked, they don't live very long anyway. And if someone wishes to claim a record, let him do so.

The only thing I can say after fishing a few waters stocked with big trout; for a short while at any rate, you tend to forget that the monster that is making the pool rock and your arm ache was reared to that size on pellets.

And the stalking of these big fish in crystal clear water is not that easy either.