Does any one know a good source of Ondex spinners?

Matt Brown

Reaction score
All the shops I've been in on late have stopped stocking the Ondex spinners and have replaced them with the Shakespeare Red Devil copies.

Does anyone know a good shop that will stock all sizes and colours (or thereabouts)?

I've noticed that some shops sell Ondex spinners for ?1.99 to ?2.50 and then there's some that are knocking them out at ?4.99.

Obviously I'd like to buy some at the lower price!

Shops in the South Yorkshire area are prefereable but I'll mail order of necessary.

Failing a good stockist, does anyone know who the distributor is?

M

Mark Hodson

Matt

Harris angling/Sportsmail do the Rublex Ondex in 3 sizes and two colours, ?1.99 -?3.00. Post free when you spendover ?21.

C

Chris Bishop

I can get them around the corner if you can't find them anywhere else, think they only do the bigger sizes.

tomo

Reaction score
my local store sells ondex's.if you give 'bob' a call he will sort you out.
either send a cheque or postal order.
'BIG BOB'
CLEETHORPES ANGLING CENTRE,
291 BRERETON AVE,
CLEETHORPES,
N/E LINCS.
01472 602002.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Mat have you never thought of making your own.

I get my stuff from a store in Blackburn called Spintec they use to have a web site but it does not seem to be working these days. I can pick you a cataloug up and post if you would like.

S

stephen cartledge

Ebay usually have plenty for sale. i have got al sizes from there

T

Tomo(B.A'S)

gotta be x-tra carefull on there!!!!!!!
i would never tap my bank details in on the net,but hey thats me.
each to there own......

S

stephen cartledge

Never had any problems.
Extra safe site.
Could just open an account with a small amount of money on then you can just use this when using E bay

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Thanks fellas. I shall sort something out when I make the time - I'm too busy working and fishing at the moment to buy more tackle!

B

Big Swordsy... Satans little helper:O)

Matt I will check e-bay for you

B

Big Swordsy... Satans little helper:O)

just checked sizes 3,4&5 are 2.49 each on a "Buy now"

L

levelspiker

my local dealer reckons that ondex are being discontinued and there are only 500 left in stock by the suppliers.

C

Chris Bishop

I can still get most sizes but they'll disappear pretty fast if that's true.

Something similar happened a few years back didn't it, then the Ondex re-emerged but the Rublex one with the rubber head and the weighted one didn't.

Best spinner I've ever used but nightmare to cast any distance, hooks that come on them are crap and need changing as you can't keep them sticky, then you need to put another wooly bit on.

L

levelspiker

I bought two yesterday,I agree with chris,they are a nightmare to cast.i`ll be chopping mine up and re rigging them with a heavier body and replacing the crap hook with a decent one.instead of wool,i`ll be whipping bucktail on them,and\or a small wiggly grub.
if you rig them up with a slightly longer shaft,it is possible to bend it slightly so that just the blade spins,rather than the body as well,this stops line twist.
grip lead wire is available in 8 inch lengths and is perfect for the task.

L

levelspiker

by grip lead wire,i mean the stainless stuff use for making grip leads as in beach fishing,not wire made of lead!!!
(just in case anyone was wondering!)

C

Chris Bishop

I wouldn't Pete.

The thing which makes them so effective is the fact they're really light for their size when, say, compared to a Mepps with a weighted body on the shaft.

The blade's quite big, so they lift up in the water, meaning you can fish them slow and still get that blade to buzz.

My only issue with them is the hooks they come with, which are pants. Sharpen them up a couple of times and the point's gone.

Stick something a bit finer on like a Drennan Extra Strong in the smaller sizes, Eagle Claw or Gammy on the bigger ones and it's a good lure.

Can't see the point of weighting them. If you want a heavy spinner, stick a Mepps on.

Morespiders

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Chris Bishop wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Something similar happened a few years back didn't it, then the Ondex re-emerged but the Rublex one with the rubber head and the weighted one didn't.

Best spinner I've ever used

</blockquote>

Out of the hundreds of lures I have used over 45 years .the Voblex/Rublex reigns supreme ,try painting some of your small spinners white, (deadly)

Matt, Decathalon had loads a while back , <blockquote class=quoteheader>

</blockquote>