Rod Licence 2006/2007

F

Fred Bonney

Purchased my Licence on line, 09:15 thursday 16th March arrived today 08:30.
All correct,great service & fast delivery.

K

Kevin Perkins 3

Not planning to be on Keith Arthur's Xmas card list then Fred?

M

Mark Hodson

The've taken the yearly direct debit for mine about two weeks ago, no sign of the licence as yet.

K

Kevin Perkins 3

I'm taking my mobile phone with me on every trip so I can buy one online if I espy a bailiff coming down the bank. I'm also atending night classes in how to speak Kosovoan, so I should be covered......

F

Fred Bonney

No Kevin,it would be of no benefit to anybody,in my opinion, to do as Keith suggests.

J

Jeff Woodhouse

Got mine today also.

I need it if I'm to fish the river from 1st April.

C

Chris Bishop

Did actually see an EA bailiff this season, though he didn't see me and went straight past without even noticing me moored up in the rushes.

J

John McLaren

Like Mark I've paid for mine but yet to see the Licence (still 10 days to go though!)

Waveney One

Reaction score
Fred,

Did you check it was next years? I heard of someone buying one early in March from the Post Office for next year and then discovering it was actually for the season just gone!!

I pay for mine with a Direct Debit but no sign of it yet.

F

Fred Bonney

Yep,heard the same story last year,so double checked.It appears that what you fill in on-line does the clerical bit.
So, if I'd have got last years, it would have been down to me

J

John McLaren

Mine arrived in today's post! 2006/7 so I can fish in peace.

B

BLAM

What's the point of giving the Government unnecessary use of your money for 2 weeks? Given the licence price and sales target and 14 day depo rates it works out at a little over ?50,000 if everyone purchased a fortnight early. IIRC you don't need the licence itself but just the registration number from the on-line form to carry on fishing, so it can easily be done at Midnight on March 31st or later if you're not fishing.

Morespiders

Reaction score
I buy mine two days after ive been caught, if you get caught two days before, Its your own fault saves lots of money that way.

J

John McLaren

I didn't follow the story about the matchmen who were caught without Licences but allowed to get their licence over the phone. But I am puzzled because on my Licence it says that not having it on you whilst fishing is an offence!

I pay mine by DD simply to prevent the possibility of forgetting to get one which I did once and thereby spoiled several hours good trout fishing by having to wait until the Post Office opened (it was one of the few fisheries that asks to see your licence!)

F

Fred Bonney

Well Blam,for me personally, it was not wanting to get caught in the last minute rush and then not be able to go to the river on the night of the 31st.;0)
Besides that i'm quite happy to give the Government my money early, so that some poor non working non tax payer can get his or her money in full.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

I bought mine today, from the local Post Office.