New Rod Licence

Johnny A

Reaction score
Hi All
I've just sent this email to the EA.

"I received my new rod licence in the post yesterday 31st March, I could not peel it off the attached letter, without peeling the paper backing of the letter. It took half an hour to scrap the paper off the licence & then I had to use furniture polish to remove the glue residue off the licence. There must be a better way than this to send out the licences. Could you not use credit cards like the banks? The extra cost must be minimal."

Has anyone else had any trouble with theirs?

Regards
John Austin

Johnny A

Reaction score
Hi Fred
I can't complain about the delivery, but it was a nightmare to get off.

BarryC

Reaction score
So use a pair of scissors.
Would you not wipe your a**e if the paper did'nt have perforations.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Mine peeled off perfectly but I do think its should be a plastic credit card. The licence is flimsy to say the least and bearing in mind what it is & where it will go I think it ought to be made of something considerably more robust. I will laminate mine but no doubt that will put me in breach of some byelaw from 1758 and render the licence invalid.

roachman

Reaction score
New Rod License

Ditto JohnnyA. Rubbed off backing with damp cloth. I too think the license could be a credit card type design. I expect to do that the EA would want £2 more!

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
mine is so stuck on that I have just left it stuck to the page....
I have signed the back and that is all that is necessary.
If ( in the unlikelihood I am approached by an EA bailiff) no problem.

just gutted I can't see the picture on the front. A big roach would be nice, hope its not a perch again........

pertinaxone

Reaction score
The licence is flimsy to say the least and bearing in mind what it is & where it will go I think it ought to be made of something considerably more robust. I will laminate mine

Exactly. I laminate mine too, especially as I fell in the river last season, right up to my chest! As said, when you consider where it will go - pockets, boxes, rucksacks etc. It needs beefing up!

Jason

P.s. wear me waders whenever I go fishing now too ;)