locks and gates

Michael Garner

Reaction score
hope the members of locked and gated fisheries don,t mind this thread but surely it would be to everyones advantage to purchase heavy duty combination locks similar to the ones used on containers ,
these ae designed for extreme weather being stainless they dont rust it also does away with everyone having and losing keys ,they have some really excellent ones on ebay ,just type in heavy duty locks on search, they are usualy delivered within 3 days ,

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Why not? you ask Michael.
In my expierience some anglers are only too willing to lend their key (for a barrell type lock) to a mate or leave it under a rock somewhere.
If it was a combination lock it would be even easier to pass the combination around to all and sundry.

Good thinking though mate, it is an ongoing problem, just when you think the problem is solved,another one pops up, but sadly to say that's anglers for you.

S

steadyeddie

some anglers are hell bent on doing damage to some of them, superglue is one of them,what most of them do not understand is if the lock on the gate ,is not locked travlers come on, do what they wont to on there it takes weeks to move them on.these idiots that leave them open or damage them are the first to moan about it ,lock the gate behind you could lose those big fish you are all after,some of you need to grow up

Michael Garner

Reaction score
to deecy
not yet but hoping,
i bought 10000 from china with matching fluffy handcuffs

Michael Howson

Reaction score
My local gated fishery has had its locks sawn off with a stihl saw and when they were repaired the thugs came back and sawed through the fence beside the gate to give them access for their quad-bikes to ride around on in the night. Will it be the fish thieves next?.