Clubs Come Out Tops.

• Thread starter BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester
  • Start date
B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Not wanting to take Mark's thread out of context, I thought this would be better in a place of its own.

<u>Out of tonight?s paper.</u>
Fishermen caught without licences appear to have one thing in common. They are not from Warrington.
A group of 17 anglers were prosecuted by the E.A. last week. Only one was from Warrington. Out of the other 16, one was from St Helens, five from Liverpool, nine were from Manchester, and one was from Macclesfield.
They all either pleaded guilty or were found guilty and fined up to ?70 with costs.
The cases also revealed where the popular spots are for unlicenced anglers. Out of six different fisheries two of them were commercial match lakes, the others were day ticket waters. Good news for the clubs, but the day ticket venues and commercials need to get their acts together. Any angler going to any of these venues has to face the owner and buy a ticket from him. Why are they not being asked for an E.A. licence?
Tighter control on these places is what is needed.

I must try harder. I must try harder, I must improve my bust, I must try harder.

C

Chris Bishop

The EA target these kinds of waters because they know they're fished by "casual" anglers likely to go out on a whim because the weather's nice and neglect to buy a Rod Licence.

It's the same around here.

Cynics might say it helps keep the enforcement figures up with minimal effort.

L

Les Clark

The fine`s were piss poor ,more of a joke really ,did they get time to pay or could they spread it over six month`s !!

S

Spoddy Dave

I think the reason these owners don't ask to see a licence before getting a ticket is they are not interested.

What incentive do they get.

They just want as many people fishing and paying as possible.

C

Chris Bishop

People who own/run waters have nothing to lose if the EA turn up and start feeling collars one sunny day.

L

Les Clark

Then the rules are wrong Chris ,about time the owners took at least part of the blame .

C

Chris Bishop

Difficult one Les, I've never been asked for my Rod Licence when I've bought a club card, day ticket or joined a syndicate; then again I've only seen one EA bailiff checking licences in nearly 10 years fishing my part of the world.

Perhaps if tackle shops and commercial fisheries sold the one day licences it would help.

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

This subject comes up at regular intervals on this forum and there are always those, like me, who think that fishery owners should have to ask to see an EA licence before issuing a day tick and those who think they shouldn't.
There will always be conflicting views so I don't see the point of us keep discussing it.

Baz, interesting point that only 1 out of 17 offenders was a local. The other 16 were probably having a holiday from dodging the bailiffs in their own areas.
Do you ask to see EA licences especially if they're using more than 2 rods.

J

Jeff Woodhouse

"I must improve my bust,"

Are you on tablets, Baz, or are you after a pair of implants?

B

Frank.
Seeing there is nothing I can do about it if somebody does not have an E.A. card I rarely ask to see it. When the day comes that the E.A. say they will act on my information, then I will start asking for them.

Woody,
did I really say that? it must have been force of habit.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Why can't the E.A get a law passed that you must show your E.A licence when purchasing a day ticket, or club card?

B

Which ever way it is done Steve, things will not improve until it does get passed.