Spring Arrives

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)
  • Start date
R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

Seen the weather forcast chaps.

This weekend temperatures up to 16 deg C

Out with the fly rod - my local ressie opens Saturday

Whooo Hoooo!!

Spring is sprung, the grass is ris,
I wonder where them boidies is?

Them boidies they is on the wing.
But that's absoid, the wings is on the boid.

Whooo Hoooo!!

S

Spoddy Dave

Yep just sorting out me teeshirts.

Love this time of the year.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Sixteen degrees?

Right now in Paris Ron it is -2?C and sleeting.

I won't be home this weekend due to PoW (again) but will definitely be home for the end of the month weekend.

Then, the fly rods will get a dust-off and, hopefully, some use.

R

There could be some good rains by tomorrow. This is excellent news.

Why not take two months off Peter and bugger work!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
"Why not take two months off Peter and bugger work!"

Well:

1. Mortgage, Insurance(s) Food, Clothing, Education for kids, Car(s) Pension, Petrol & diesel, Council Tax, Holiday savings (not that I ever take any) Professional Fees, Mobile phones (my stepson just ran up a ?220 bill in one month) and a myriad of other incidental costs that us poor consultants have to strive to pay from our meagre incomes.

Nice thought though Ron :)

Tight lines for the weekend.

F

Fred Bonney

Glad to see your wife is not a major expense, Peter ;o0

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Peter your stepson is only 13(?)- a sound whipping should be in order!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Nigel,
Yes, he is 13, and he may actually live to see 14, but I'm not taking bets on that right now.

The mobile in question is now in the custody of my wife, mind you, her monthly bill would make most men cry.

Fred,

See "Clothing" :-0)

Michael Howson

Reaction score
Peter. A few years ago I used to work 7 days a week on an almost regular basis curtailing my fishing drastically when a pal asked me to go with him to a great venue. I said no ive got to work and his reply was, "do you work to live or do you live to work". I realised then that life is shorter than we think and i also found i could manage just as well on 5 days wages as 7.

R

I met a bloke once who worked 7 days a week.

He started at 5-00am and often didn't finish until midnight. He worked like this for 15 years of his life. He earned lots of money but his wife spent it. She also had a few blokes on the side because her husband was always too tired.

Then he died suddenly of a heart attack. His wife was in a terrible state because he never made a will, and all his money went to the government.

I often think of this poor bloke. The only reason his bitch of a wife ever married him for was his money.

Beware the gold digging women is what I say.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Michael,

Honestly, the only reason I work the way I do is that I get a huge amount of satisfaction from my job, and is has nothing to do with the money.

I work on large scale projects in the oil and gas business and do a lot of claims work as well. Even though I could retire tomorrow I still chose this life of commuting internationally and working in a dynamic and constantly challenging business.

Ron is always getting at me for not taking more time off and my post above was more tongue in cheek than anything else - except the damn mobile phone bill from my son that is :)

Mind you, the day I think that I can no longer make a difference will be the day before the day I quit and go fishing for the rest of my life.

F

Fred Bonney

She did get his money Ron,the government don't get your money until there are no next of kin,unless of course you haven't paid your taxes.
Peter....how could I miss that?

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Peter you do surprise me sometimes you know. That lovely lad of yours running up a ?200 mobile bill frinstance, why on earth give him a phone on contract whatever is wrong with PAYG and a fiver a week in it, anything else comes out of pocket money.

I said before, you are working too hard mate, you need some time off to recover your judgement.

Oh! and do a bit of fishing of course.

Btw I've emailed you a couple of times (home and work) and had no reply, have you changed your email addresses or are you just ignoring me?

L

Les Clark

Peter ,Oh to have a job that I enjoyed and be happy to go to work every day ,you are a very lucky man ,but you never know what`s around the corner,cut it down while your still young enough and enjoy a bit more fishing .

F

Frothey

"Professional Fees"

plenty of "professionals" in paris......!!

R

Fred,

In SA if you don't make a will, the government gets the bloody lot mate.

It's to do with Roman Dutch Law. They would have been married under an anti-nuptial contract, which means what's hers is hers and what's mine is mine.

They still follow this law in Australia.

When I got married, my lawyer advised me and my wife to take out a ANC and to make joint wills at the same time.

It prevent the government taking your inheritance.

It's terrible here actually. We have the inheritance tax robbery.

That money belongs to the deceased's family, not the f....g government.

F

Fred Bonney

Oh,South Africa,I should have guessed, and there was me thinking you were having another poke at Blair! ;o)

S

Sean Meeghan

err.... you know what I mean.

Might see you at Thryberg sometime Ron it sounds an excellent place