New member and new to Barbelling

chubber

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I love this forum so I thought I ought to join, hope you're all gentle on me.

S

Sean Meeghan

Welcome Chubber - you'll have fun on the Severn. If you fancy fishing lover down the river in the Bridgenorth/Bewdley area drop me a line and I'll give you some info on where to fish.

Buy a hat mate - you know it makes sense!

chubber

Reaction score
Thaks Sean, I'll do just that. Do you know where the free stretch is at Bewdly? I've been trying to find out but not been able too. Also any places on the severn where night fishing is possible and clubs that own stretches of the severn.

I know it's like 20 questions but if you don't ask....

S

Sean Meeghan

I think the free stretch is the town frontage on the right bank. Ask in the tackle shop (Stan Lewis?) which is just below the bridge on the right bank. There's good day ticket water (Kidderminster AA and another club whose name I can't remember) just upstream and downstream of the town which can produce big bags of medium sized barbel Peg numbers in the 90's are good on the Kidderminster stretch if I rember rightly. Again you can get tickets and advice in the tackle shop. A lot of stretches are matched up at weekends, particulary the BAA ones so mid-week is best for a visit if you can. If you want to buy a club book then you can't go wrong with Kidderminster and/or BAA. Most of the BAA stretches are upstream of Bewdley. You're looking for the faster, shallower water during the Summer months so choose your stretch carefully as some are slower and deeper. Don't know anything about night fishing.

chubber

Reaction score
Thanks Sean I'd been contemplating getting the BAA ticket but didn't know weather it'd be viable due to travelling and how often I'd get to go.
Thanks for the info!!