Can you help a very good cause?

Steve R

Reaction score
Many of you will either know of/have read about a chap called Les Webber who runs a scheme called Angling Projects at Wraysbury in Berkshire whereby kids from all types of different backgrounds can spend a weekend at the site learning how to fish/environmentissues/how to fend for themselves/etc, etc. Many schemes like Get Hooked on Fishing and SAFE are based on Les's original concept and his latest scheme is getting angling onto the school curriculum which is starting to pick up very nicely now.
Les carries out all this work on a voluntary basis with just the odd small donation now and again but all his hard work over the last 30 years could be at an end following a break-in at the Wraysbury site on Sunday night when the main tackle storage container was broken into and their complete stock of tackle and other equipment was stolen along with boxes of groundbaits/boilies etc.
Having heard about this the members of Total-Fishing.com decided to raise some funds by organising a sponsored match which will be held at Willinghurst Fishery on Sunday 7th May. As well as the competitors having to raise sponsorship money there will also be a big raffle on the day and, in the lead-up to the event, an online auction with some fabulous items you can bid for. For details of the match look for the 'Angling Projects Fundraising Match' thread on:-
<www.total-fishing.com/coarse forum>

Members of the above site who cannot make the match for various reasons are donating cheques to the appeal fund but there are other ways you can help if you're interested.
Any items of unwanted tackle can be donated to Angling Projects and address details for forwarding to AP will be put on here within a couple of days.
AP will be on stand 212 at the forthcoming Carp & Coarse Show at Wembley Arena on April 1st & 2nd if you would like to make a personal donation to a very good cause.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and apologies for advertising a rival website on here but it was done for all the right reasons! If you can help in any way no matter how small you will be contributing to the continuing success of a pioneering scheme that has never received the financial backing it thoroughly deserves.
I'll come back as soon as I have that address for tackle donations, until then thank you in anticipation of your support.

C

Chris Bishop

Steve, have you spoken to Second Chance..? Don't know if they could help but I know they collect unwanted kit and cash to take youngsters out.

They used to be based at the Bivvy Hospital, which I believe is a tackle shop in Portsmouth.