South Yorkshire

Sam Morris

Reaction score
Hi all.

Seeing as it's the end of the old license soon i thought i'd get one more days fishing on it. I'm going bankend this weekend on the big carp lake, any tips: What pegs for big carp, what baits???

But if possible i would like to find another carp lake in my area that is good as a few of my experiances at Bankend havn't been too pleasant including a couple VERY patronising and slightly insulting visits from the bailif who thought i wasn't taking care of fish i caught(although they are alot better with me now, but the first impression was a bad one).

Thanks alot,
Sam

R

richard Dobson

Sam try Lindhome lakes right next to the prison. Its not far from there, towards Doncaster. I was a member there 8 years ago dont know what its like now but its worth a look.

Sam Morris

Reaction score
I think i'll try lindholme again as i've been there once before and there full english's are tres fantastique! Haha.

Sam.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Tyram Hall is the one near the prison, unless you're on about Millionaire Micks' (Woodhouse Grange).

Lindholme Lakes is near Sandtoft - quite a a bit further out.

Sam Morris

Reaction score
I've tried micks before, the lakes fished well but don't like the concrete pegs.
And with tyram hall i've been told to avoid it because it's poor fishing???

Sam.

B

Big Swordsy... Satans little helper:O)

Harlesthorpe
KJS
Pebbley
South Yorks canal
River Don

All got big carp in them, Good luck!

R

richard Dobson

Yes sorry Matt the lakes next to the prison are called Tyram Hall.Do you still have to be a member to fish them?

Matt Brown

Reaction score
At Tyram, there's a Day ticket lake with loads of fish from mid doubles to mid twenties. When it's busy you need to book in advance(apparently).

The syndicate lake is expensive at around ?300 plus a year but it contains some big fish. There'a mirror that came out at 39lb 8oz last year - huge for a Yorkshire fish.

There's a match lake too, but there aren't many carp in there (of any size).

I'd give the day ticket lake a go a couple of times to get a feel for the place, but avoid Easter weekend!

Sam Morris

Reaction score
Avoid Easter weekend? Why? Will i be ok going tomorrow? As i'm going tomorrow as well seeing as my sunday league game has been canceled. Unfortuantely my order from Carp.com hasn't arrived yet :( ordered it first class on Wednesday night and it hasn't arrives yet *cry*.

Thanks alot,
Sam.

richard turner

Reaction score
it may be a bit to far but if you ever get the chance try having a session at lakeside fisheries ranskill notts straight of the a1 just b4 retford great fishery with both course and trout lakes but the carp lake is excellent with 6 double pegs the lake being 3 acres theres always loads of room but phone for weekends you can also get a great brekki awesome place to fish

dicko

Reaction score
just had a day at bank end. Some good carp showing themselves in the south westerly wind. Had a few small ones biggest about 11lb.
I drove past Tyram Hall on the way home, looking a bit run down and the lake to the left has an island on it now. When I fished there it was one big lake.
I have always been put off with the size of the carp lake at Ranskill whats the fishing like richard.

Sam Morris

Reaction score
What peg do you go on at bankend? I usually go 4/5 pegs to the left of the section that leads out to the middle of the lake if you know where i mean (to the left as you are facing the way you would walk up that bit).

Sam.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Sam, I recommend you avoid Easter weekend because the place is usually packed out.

J

jason fisher

don't know if you can still fish it but there used to be some good carp in the boat yard length of the south yorks canal in the middle of sheffield.

Sam Morris

Reaction score
Richard, any chance you could give me some info on ranskill?

Thanks alot,

Sam.

Ryan Bamborough

Reaction score
I pulled my biggest carp out from bank end only a meesly 13lbs but still a pb since i been fishing since april mainly bank end

Sam if you need any info or help on fishing bank end i will gladly show you the way