useless trolleys and pole rollers

Adrian Nicholas

Reaction score
make sure if you buy atrolley unseen or mailorder that it's got awide or expandable wheelbase. if not the y fall over ..alot!
also if u have acheapo pole roller that has no height-replace legs with screw in banksticks 24" or over.

Adrian Nicholas

Reaction score
there is a new version of the mosella roller with longer legs,alternatively Leeda sell a goal post type rest head with screw in thread so you can addyour own tripod or bankstick/trolley set-up-works out cheaper too!

fred hall

Reaction score
Wish I'd read your post before buying a "bargain" trolley at one of those tackle fairs, Adrian. Amazingly I am quite happy with my pole roller from the same source!

master BAITS

Reaction score
Been using a penrose barrow for all my gear for years, they last forever. I have used a preston big green V roller for the past 3 years almost 2wice a week and has no signs of giving up the ghost, yet I know many folk that have had problems with them.
I also use a couple of rollers that i got from a fishing trade show a few years ago that cost me ?11 each and are a complete copy of the boss rocking roller and these have been superb. I have tried and tested keepnets for certain companies and have to say that as far as keepnets are concerened you get what you pay for but my main gripe with nets are the adjustable connectors which so far "no" manufacturer seems to have sussed... Or is it that they want a "consumable product"