Candy Corner

Sam Morris

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've decided to whip my baby out and go for a spot of pole fishing instead of carping (Sorry Jonny but my pole was calling), i miss her too much to not go pole fishing. So i've decided on candy corner(Doncaster, south yorkshire for those who don't know) as i've never fished there before and have only heard good about it.If anyone has any tips on pegs, tactics, bates etc are welcome i will be looking for decent sized carp/barbel for a good fight but do enjoy bahgging up on silvers (I am aware keepnets are not allowed).

Thanks alot,
Sam.

chris bailey 4

Reaction score
I went to candy corner and had a great days fishing, had a new personal best -17lb/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif and found the venue great other than the rudeness of the bailiff.

I then posted on their candy corner forum that this is what happened. The venue was great, had a great days fishing the guy working at the cafe was very freindly and gave good advice whilst he was delivering food and drinks bankside the only thing that spoiled the day was the rudeness of the bailiff- I got my rubbish together as well as rubbish I had picked up around my peg(somebody elses from the previous day that had not been cleared up)and walked round the lake looking for a bin when I got to the bailiff I asked him if he had a bin, he replied "no" I wasn't that bothered and said "so we take the rubbish home" he snapped back" well it's your rubbish" I was going to tell him that some of it wasn't and I'd done his job by picking it up but he is a big lad and was very intimidating so I thought better of it. He had already made a snide comment to one of my mates that was fishing the other side of the lake.

after registering and posting this on their forum I reurned to see if there was any reply-they had deleted my post and when I tried to log in I found I was banned from the site /forum/smilies/dont_tell_anyone_smiley.gifwith a message saying something about I shouldn't have insulted him

lokks like you can only post good comments on their forum, no critisism or He'll delete it/forum/smilies/dont_tell_anyone_smiley.gif