Big cat sightings

M

mark williams 4

I have a good friend and very well-known angler who has sworn me to secrecy, but told me he once saw a puma crossing the A1 not far from Stamford. It was early morning, and the animal crossed in front of him in full view. A truck on the other carriageway actually stopped, and he and the trucker agreed that's what they'd seen.

Another friend of mine who runs an off-road school and has travelled the world found some huge paw prints on his off-road track, and swears they were of a big cat. He was going to take a cast, but when he got back later in the day, the rain had made them indistinct.

These sighting don't seem at all rare, and I was just wondering how rare. Anyone who has been dallying with narcotics need not post what they've seen...

P

paul williams 2

YES!.....not puma size though, my sighting was a strange one, more Lynx size, or even slightly bigger.

It looked at me, i at it and then it just melted away.....with me then becoming brave and chasing after it to no avail!

Cornwall.

T

The Monk

Exmoor used to be big cat sighting country Mark, we had a really long thread on this a few years ago, can anyone find the link. I find it a fasinating subject mate

Tom (Bream Machine)

Reaction score
Two years ago, I saw not a big cat, but a Wallaby of all things! yes....you just read correctly, a Wallaby! i was walking from my car along a narrow path on the edge of a wood to the lake i was goin to fish when this "beastie" hopped across in front of me and headed off into the undergrowth, then it stopped and sat there...looking at me as if i was nuts, which is what my colleagues thought i was when i told them. It seems that there ARE Wallabies out there, as well as big cats....whats next, a Nile Croc in me swim!!!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

Seen loads of big cats in the wild. Lions Leopards, cheetahs and many other smaller species.

But I've only ever seen one largish cat in Britain, other than my fathers big fat moggie and that was what I believe to be a wild cat in Scotland many years ago.

Michael Garner

Reaction score
to mark williams 4
in all seriousness we have a caravan on the edge of dartmoor and last year in august there where 5 confirmed sightings of puma like animals + a lot of sheep kills ,
our dogs went bonkers one night then came in terrified and shook with fear all night
it didn,t do me much good either ,
it made me wish i hadn,t got rid of my shotguns ,

P

paul williams 2

Interesting ...but would a large wild cat do that to the horse?

my understanding is that the stomach/offal areas are the starting point after the prey is killed?

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Talking to a farmer near Ranstall in Lancashire and he swears there was a big cat sunning itself early in the morning on one of his sheep shelters for a couple of days.

I can believe they are out there. How many towns have foxes and how many people actually see them.