CRUELTY TO CARP

doctor kibble

Reaction score
The other day I received this email from an angling friend.

????????????................................................

Rob Hales, I saw him on Matt Hayes' programme yesterday on his new Mickey Mouse carp lake "The Avenue lake" in the Midlands...lovely looking water, but he was boasting how it's got 150 - yes, 150 - carp to upper 30s in 2.5 acres! A blind man with a landing net could catch'em! How do they move around - take turns swimming?

It's waters like that that give modern carping a bad name....too many fish, too big, and too easy!?.Where did it all go wrong?????

????????????................................................

Now I don?t like to comment that much on serious issues within angling, but after reading this email my blood started to boil fast, and the veins in my head started to appear?..I then sent out over 200 emails to anglers I know mainly in the carp scene, asking them what they think??Some have already expressed their anger already, and some of their replies would not be possible to print in this forum, nor the other forums I have sent this to, but many were very angry, and p***ed off is an understatement?.Some have already said they will boycott now any magazine or product with Matt Hayes name or face on it?..I think though, many have already started when I see on cable TV, a set of ten Matt Hayes DVD?s sell for ?10 on ?Price Drop TV?. The set with the forty pound carp on from the Monument.

Now I have personally, like many other anglers regarded the Monument as a joke water since seeing the free DVD they gave away on the front cover of the ?Angling Times?, some time ago, but shouldn?t Rob Hales get done under the ?Cruelty to Animals? law?This is clear surely in any anglers eyes an act of barbarity of the highest degree??.And where did these fish come from?

Why are Angling weeklies not condoning such stockings loudly. Surely this is front page news?.I feel if they, and the angling world are incapable of questioning such uncivilised practices towards our sport. I will have no other option than to report this incident to the RSPCA, and go and speak to some I know who are long time Animal Right protesters, one a Labour MP?and I?m very interested in what the Environment Agency have to say about this issue, the people you pay a licences fee to each year?This season gone I refused to fish in England, and refused to buy a fishing licence, because to many imported fish are being let into this country to easy.

The angling newspapers are failing us, by encouraging such waters?.and it may be time we will have to speak to the National newspaper journalists instead of the fishing weeklies.

I wonder if Matt Hayes would like to comment on why he likes to boast about such way overstocked carp waters?

Or as my good friend got it all wrong, and such a lake doesn?t really exist!

Malc Bason

Reaction score
Are you for real?

looking at your very sparse profile - I doubt it!

Quote:

Rod: Other
Reel: Shimano
Tackle: Kryston
Luggage: JRC
Clothing: Other
Accessories: Sundridge

Something does'nt ring true to me!!!

doctor kibble

Reaction score
christian tyroll
and why the need to post on every forum????

It doesn't take that much working out does it!

C

christian tyroll

do you not think that the people who use the forums it will read each one? i think ud get your point across just posting it once....

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

Let's have your real name, location etc.

What in heaven's name have you got to hide?

doctor kibble

Reaction score
I come from East London originally, now live in Basildon, my name is Steve Kibble, I don�t fish that much nowadays. I�ve written easy over 10 articles for Big Carp mag�.Fished waters like Wraysbury, Yateley, and Darenth Big Lake before the imports murdered the water�.and have fished many other well known waters�Used to be in Advanced Carp occasionally when Martin Ford was the editor.

Have very strong views on fish welfare�.because I love our fish.

Don�t really understand why you would want a profile of me, the post I thought was far more important than who I am. (I believe personally.)

Last edited:
W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

"Got the nickname from certain naughty boys across the country as the Doctor many years ago?Allegedly for cutting someone?s ear off, but have never been convicted for such an act."

Relation of yours......

Doctor Kibble's side kick?

B

Big Rik

I've read some of your previous stuff Steve, so I know you and your history, other people on here obviously do not, but we have so many people onto this forum who are just intent on causing mayhem that, rightly or wrongly, the regulars on here view people without much info in their profiles as just plain troublesome.

As to your original posting, overtsocked waters?
Would that be any different to any commercial venue or is the fact that the carp are bigger now it's of greater concern?

Let's look in a bit more detail.
150 carp?
Ok, that means about 100 carp, the biggest will be a 30, with the rest mainly high doubles (we all know that fishery owners exagerate), judging by the catch reports from the monumnent that's the stock sizes in there too.

100 fish, with an average size of 20lb is 2000lb of fish in 2.5 acres, which is 800lb an acre.

Recommended stocking densities by the EA (and backed by Bruno Broughton) are 400lb an acre for other species and 800lb an acre for carp.
Carp stocking dnsities are higher as they are more prolific feeders.

So nothing too outrageous then.

Some densities on carp match venues are about 1500lb an acre and would probably deserve more of your attention.

Ethically, I personally find these venues abhorrent and wouldn't fish them, but that is a personal opinion and as we're looking at laws, not ethics, then it's irrelevent.

Malc Bason

Reaction score
It seems you may well be legit then, in which case, please accept my apologies.

As Rik has already pointed out, we do occasionally get the troublesome postee, the first thing we tend to look at is their profile - or rather lack of it.

doctor kibble

Reaction score
I attached such a post under three headings, because I feel very strongly about such a subject?So I?ll answer the replies best I can.

Mark Williams 4 seems to know where I am coming from.

Mark Hodson said ?Do the maths, its all about greed, not angling.?

Malc Bason, I wasn't offended anyway!

Very true in someway?s Mark, but I always was one of those who believed if there was ten double figure carp per acre. That was a very well stocked carp water.

Big Swordsy thank you very much. I checked out your profile and I found it very interesting, but I wasn?t looking for a candle lit dinner if that was what you was after! Though least you didn?t try charging me ?500 like some dating agency?s do to just check out someone?s details.

Big Rik said much of what I believe in, and Christian tyroll sorry I was talking other websites. I think I confused you?..and Warren you naughty boy!

Thanks for your replies, maybe a bit cheeky to expect any being I rarely answer posts myself, but I have viewed much of what you?s have said over the year, from someone else?s computer?I find it hard to sit on a computer for long periods?Though do take in much what is said?.I get all acheee while seated in a chair?I?m trying to get into better shape of late?The other day I was trying to lift 60 kilos above my head, in stints of fifteen pushes, but it?s hard work while trying to read Bob Roberts tales of hooligans on the river bank?Maybe I should take up barbel fishing, because I?ve heard it involves lots of walking?.I?ve got to get fitter. I used to be able to do 500 press ups easy?I struggled to do over one hundred the other day?.then I did have two stone on my back?.I?ll try to respond to anything else by Thursday, if other like to add anything.

doctor kibble

Reaction score
So by what you?s and many others are telling me, the EA are to blame for allowing such high poundage per acre, which in my eyes is cruel?and I can?t even personally vision that amount of carp, or fish in such a pond.

Rob Hales is also clearly a modern day monk with over populated stew ponds containing carp??Last night an old friend mobiled me with, we should kidnap him. Although such thoughts gave me the horn for a few seconds. I believe personally this would be a little extreme?.It would be a good way of raising a few quid for a kids charity of some kind, but then thinking deeper about it, if you was Rob Hales Mrs would you bother telephoning the police??.I think not!?.In such circumstances the detainee usually ends up screaming for their mothers womb. Which can ruin such great classical music like Albinoni: Adaio, Delibes: Flower Dust, Gorecki: Symphony No.3.?Or Friday nights house music.

As for Matt Hayes yes he would look funny without ears?..I did once send him a letter via the Angling Times to pass on, including a photograph of some art work I did of him once. As a seven headed Lockness Monster, pulling many Matt Hayes strange faces?.and asking him why he wasted making a DVD about the Monument?..Why not fish a real carp water, and not a stew pond?.I never received a reply?Maybe the Times never passed on such a letter?I did send a copy of the art work twice.