Do we stink.

C

chris 2

Missus told me to clean in side of the car this afternoon said it stinks of old fish.A mate came round as i was cleaning the car he wanted to borrow some tools.When we went into the garage he also started to moan about the stench of my fishing stuff.
This got me thinking do i smell of monster crab,scopex etc.I use these flavours alot when chubbing in winter.I can remember the first time i smelt monster crab it made me gag but now iam not botherd about it.

P

Phil Hackett disability bad speller with Pride

I like to think of it as Essence Devur of Pieces, by Esttie La Peche.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

He He He!!

Old Ray Webb thought that the average Joe Soap was oversensitive, and that there was a tremendous difference beween "clean" dirt and "dirty" dirt.

Clean dirt is produced by natural things some as decaying animal and vegetable matter, rotten fish slime and good old fashioned sweat under your armpits and in your crotch.

Dirty dirt is produced by nasty chemicals that are found in detergents, weedkiller, de-odourants, artificial fertiliser, perfumes and feminine toilet products.

Nothing wrong with the good old fashioned stench of rotten fish is what I say.

"Old fishermen never die, they simply smell that way."

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I stopped using monster crab because I realised I was starting to walk sideways, strawberry or pineapple smells much nicer both in the car and the garage. Chub prefer garlic anyway mate thats why I never sniff a chub's breath.

C

chris 2

I once opened a bottle of magic maple at work in a matter of seconds you could smell it all around the factory.The smell was there for acouple of days too.What iam saying is fishermen who use these flavourings must smell all the time.

R

Robert Woods 1

I brought a bottle of "Sausage Sizzle" from barbel meeting off Westy. Put it in coat pocket and got some funny looks in chippy later on.

T

The Monk

The last time I went to France we took a van full of monster crab and it sort of fermented in the van on the ferry overnight from Portsmouth to St Malo, it was a lovely bright and sunny morning on our arrival at St Malo, everyone who was driving off the ferry that morning wound up their windows fast and gave us dirty looks (including the captain)

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
The same thing happened to me on our return from Ireland, we were checked on the way home.
We wound the windows down, the guard sniffed my car and said "drive on!"

T

tom riordan

Some of the sweet smelling flavours get sickly and cloying too, I once spilled some frost and flood flavouring onto the car seat and It made me feel sick after enduring it for a couple of hours on the way home. Monster crab has been well documented here, suffice to say that when I roll any monster crab boilies, I always seem to get the office to myself the next day, how do you get that stink off your hands? god knows what nbutrylic acid smells like, I am scared to bring some home, I think my bags would be packed pretty quick if I did!!

C

chris 2

I smell of frost and flood 9 moonths of the year.The other 3 months is the closed season.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

I once rented a room in Leamington Spa.

I bought a small bottle of "Chubby Cheese" on Tony Miles suggestion to spice up my cheese paste. I left it in my wardrobe and in a day or two, people were complaining of the sweaty feet smell coming from my room.

The bottle top wasn't brilliant.

Thank goodness I got my own place shortly after.

Keith Robinson 2

Reaction score
The worst smell is from the pint of last months casters left in the car, still in there plastic bag, after a heat wave.

Keith Robinson 2

Reaction score
And what about the pinkies which escape over night when you leave your tackle in the hall for a quick get away at 4 the next morning; in the coco door matting, in the carpet, and you don't know anything about it until they hatch, when your not there, BUT, the wife is, great ain't it.
After 50 yrs behind a rod of some sort I got loads of such memories.

S

Steve King

A couple of years ago, going through ariport security and the guard looked in my bag, pulled out my camera and asked "You don't go fishing by any chance do you?" I thought for a second that the gurd was a Fishing Magic member. However he wasn't a FM member - my camera case was a bit stinky!!

C

chris 2

Walking in the shed to 6 pints of escaped sweaty maggots crawling up the walls one summer.

Keith Robinson 2

Reaction score
I remember travelling to Belfast for the Capt., Morgan final on the Bann, when **** Clegg I think it was, came into the bar to tell us our maggots had escaped on the car deck. We all, to a man ( not the Barnsley lads) went to the be-leagued deck. done again!!!! we hadn't taken pinkies with us.
Do you know pinkies can climb vertically? the staff had to use hose pipes.