Hemp oil

T

tom riordan

Had a look around sainsburys earlier today, and found myself a 1/2 litre of cold compressed hemp oil for ?6.75, I thought it quite good value so thought I would mention it on here. It goes by the brand name of Good oil and it is kept on the wholefood/natural section of the supermarket. Apologies if it has already been mentioned before. Cheap enough to glug pva bags, refresh boiled hemp and add to boilie mixes.

joe pesky

Reaction score
I used it today with some liqiudised brown bread and sweetcorn works a treat for roach and bream

Paul B

Reaction score
My local tesco extra stocks it. It's 24p dearer than at sainsburys tho - robbed again!
:-O

Keith Robinson 2

Reaction score
Beccy, I dont know about the others but I haven't used it in cooking.
Could be something the heathwise people use, but I will find out, love a challenge.
Hang on they might stock it for the anglers!!!.

Keith Robinson 2

Reaction score
Beecy, Current update on hemp oil. 1. hemp oil contain the following--
1. omega 3- Alpha Linoleric Acid.
2. omega 6- Linoleric Acid
3. omega 9- gamma Linoleric Acid.
These apparently are what is known as essential oils, that is something that the body requires to be taken within one's diet, as the body has no way of producing them. The commercial capsules sell @ around ?16 per 150 caps., The supermarkets are well cheap. Joe seems to do OK with it, so happy days. I think the salad use is relatively quite new, I had a restaurant some years ago, and I never came across it.

T

tom riordan

Read all about its culinary/medicinal uses,http://www.goodwebsite.co.uk/
Ed, its grown and produced in Devon, I expect the cia will pick up on the hemp fields by sattelite and start arming the cornish rebels, who will then do night raids to burn down the hemp fields, watch out for air america planes landing at exeter airport.

R

Robert Woods 1

Just been ASDA today and saw some Olive oil with garlic and one with chillies. Any good for carping...???

R

Rodney Wrestt

THe hemp oil is a health suppliment a table spoon a day type thing, it's great for kids as it helps with concentration as mentioned before the Omega 3 content is quite high.

Robert, I picked up a bottle of the chillie enfused oil a few weeks ago, not tried it yet though I was thinking of using it to coat pellets.

N

NottmDon

I imagine you could use it Robert but most olive oils start to go solid in the cold so many sunflower oil with your own garlic or chillie granules/flakes added would be a better option for now.

Take a steak and a cooker with you,if you dont cath at least you can have a decent meal ;)

Keith Robinson 2

Reaction score
I have been doing my own flavoured " extra" virgin olive oils for a long time, purely from the scoffing point of view.
It never occurred to use them as a fishing additive, I wonder about the chillies a bit though, is it possible they would have the same fiery effect on the fishes lips and barbels as we humans?
Rosemary makes a good infusion, how about fresh rosemary chopped up in the ground bait as an attractor, anyone tried it yet?

joe pesky

Reaction score
try a frying a egg in hemp oil wouldn`t say its better than olive oil or sunflower but is a differnt taste

N

NottmDon

Keith,I recall Archie Braddock making mention of an additive called "zing" or some such name. Apparently it was supposed to be firey so Archie had a taste, indeed it was hotter than the average vindaloo by all accounts.The fish loved it!

For a cracking read I'd suggest you look up his book "Fantastic Feeder Fishing" (if my memory serves me well) one of the forerunners to additives and flavourings in coarse fishing.

Keith Robinson 2

Reaction score
Thanks for that Don, I think it's a fact that garlic, chilli, ginger, when cooking have the desired effect on the smell and taste senses, the skimmers on my canal love a taste of curry powder in the ground bait, but I have not taken it any further. I do have Peri Peri, Tabasco, and a bottle of a very fiery West Indian sauce, must give them a try. I have never been one for additives like the lads nowadays, but now I have given up team fishing I shall be able to have a play, if I don't catch then I won't upset anyone.

S

Sean Meeghan

Its endorsed by Bob Roberts so not many Barbel Society members will be buying it!

Sorry guys couldn't resist it!!

chubber

Reaction score
I've just bought it from good old ebay for less than a fiver (signed) I can't put the thing down.
I've just had a look and there are no more on there. But there is his video on baits and flavourings!