Badger Classics

M

Mike Fidler

Just thought I'd drop a note of warning about this bunch of idiots to the rest of you. They may have the odd decent piece of kit at cheap money, but believe me you will wish you had never bothered in the first place. I was apalled at the way i was treated and ended up getting seriously nasty with someone as they couldn't appreciate the customers point of view. Left me in a bad mood all day.

D

Dave Johnson

kin ell.....a big bad Fiddler does not soung good.....u fishin tomorrow mate? or getting ready for DDI?

R

Rodney Wrestt

I've places a couple of orders with them & each time something is wrong. Even though they use stock No's the items are not what they advertise or are wrongly identified by the pickers, For example Badger storm sticks description: Dual tensioning 50" adjustable to 93" the picture shows black coated poles with a brass threaded section and two brass thumb screws. Items received storm rods with cheap plastic locking screw (single).

C

Carp Angler

RW, that sounds more like a rip off than a bad pick.

D

David OLoughlin

For a minute I had deja-vue, then realised Badger not Bennetts????? :)

A

Austin Buchan

Hey guys..
Guess wot...1 x bivvy ordered..it fell
apart and I had to stitch it up before I
returned it (on a 3 day session).
They replaced it with a different style
full of slashes and then heat sealed on the outside so it didn't notice.
I'm still waiting the refund 6 weeks on and fifteen phone calls !!!!!!
Watch out!!!!!

M

Mike Fidler

I'm telling you guys, 1 xl bivvy table ?12.99, ok so I was expecting a cheap copy of a fox table but jeez!! what crap!! Bivvy pegs, my mums old scewers for the roast are thicker, I'm thinking that it's all crap. I spent a ?158 and half of it was bloody rubbish and had to be returned - Wonder if I'll ever see a credit like Austin above. In fact I've a good mind to write to a few editors of fishing magazines that carry their adverts, this can't be good for the industry.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Mike,
I also got the extra large bivvy pegs, no two were the same size and the bulk pack of hair stops was about 200 short and the chair bag, Well it is well made but I need wheels fitted to the bottom as it's almost the same size as me when the strap is on my shoulder the bag is only a few inches from the ground(I'm only short 5'10") I'd hate to see the size of the bedchair bag.

J

John Howard

I ordered the cocoon adjustable chair. It was delivered 3 days later and its great... no problems what so ever. John

Michael Parker

Reaction score
I ordered two bedchair bags. They are too big to use I'm thinking of attaching storm caps and using them as bivvies!! Excellent quality tho!

C

Carp Angler

Mike said
"In fact I've a good mind to write to a few editors of fishing magazines that carry their adverts"

You think they would slate them after all the advertising revenue that they generate?

Get real Mike, that's why you never read a bad review in a mag.

C

Carp Angler

Actually their pods are quite good.

I've got one that cost ?40, brilliant, heavy duty, nice and weighty, which is what I wanted.
I've got light weight ones and wanted a heavy duty one.

V

vince battams

cheers carp angler now all i've got to worry about is whether it will arrive or not.

C

Chris Bishop

Has anyone tried their suits - sound too cheap to be true.

C

Chris Isaacs

Sorry to buck the trend, but I ordered some of their alarms a few months ago. Initially thought I had a problem with them, but after a chat with very helpful staff at badger eveything was sorted out.
For cheap alarms, they are more than adequate.
If you have problems with badger, maybe the answer is to ask for their help rather than get shirty with them It worked for me>

C

Carp Angler

I've only ordered from them once and everything turned up OK and on time.

This was before they really started to push their advertising, so maybe they weren't so busy.

K

Kevan Farmer

It put me off when I wanted that bait scoop. ?5.99 for the scoop but then ?6.00 P&P. I went to Asda the next day and picked up a stainless steel ladle for 85 pence. I've bent the handle back and it works a treat.

Kevan

S

Stuart Bullard

As carp says, the mags will probably do very little, but do not rule it out, you should at least try. However, on the point of money not being returned etc you really should contact Trading Standards.