Carp Crew

P

pons

Sounds like a bit of fun,looking forward to it,decent presenter too,interesting venues,not the usual stuff.
Pons.

Y

yoggy

Even though i`m not an avid carp angler i shall watch this with interest as the first episode is one of my local stretches.

Any angling programme on the telly can only be good for the sport.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
The only Carp fishing I do these days is on Rivers, so I am looking forward to that programme.

I have never (in about 45 years) caught a Carp over 5lbs from a Canal so I'll look in for that as well.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

It sounds and looks as though it is going to be a good show.

B

BLAM

So who's going to be doing those really useful drawings now Jan is no longer presenter?

Richard Wilson 3

Reaction score
Best thing Jan did was when he was in france stalking, when he was useing a float just a rod length out,when it started to go under he said" hold on, the floats moveing!whats all that about?"ERRRRRRRR HELLO JAN IS'NT THAT WHAT USUALLY HAPPENS WHEN YOU GET A BITE WHEN USEING THE FLOAT?I laugh every time i see that bit.

Dave Smith

Reaction score
I Wasn't too keen on Kev in the Predators series....Dumbed down too much. Didn't think Jan was too bad in the last carp crew but he did talk complete carp on occasion. I watch just about everything else on the TV that's fishing related so no doubt I'll be tuning in.

P

pons

To be truthful,much as like Jan Porter,I think he looked a complete shambling wreck in the last series,and no way could that go on to terrestial TV and be taken seriously.

Rob Hughes is excellent imho,and would have been better,but Kev is back on home ground,and competant at Carping,so should come across more authorative this time.

We shall see .

Pons.

Dave Smith

Reaction score
Hope so Chris, would have liked to see Browny presenting preadators (without Mr. Hayes)....Lets hope it's a good series.

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

Jan Porter looked a complete mess in the last series. I know appearance isn't everything and he's a great angler but the state of him was enough to scare off every fish for miles around and where the hell did he get that hat from? It looked like a size 20 sock stuck on his head. Nonetheless it was agood series and I look forward to the new one.
At least Kev looks as though he's had a wash and not found his clothes in a skip.

G

Gary Knowles

The Pons STILL talking ratfish???? - thought you'd have grown out of it by now Chris ;o)

L

little Stu!

Good luck to the new presenters and superb news the gangerly awkward looking chap in the camo tatoo has moved on!

I used to love him years ago in his red suits feeder fishing......not the best transitions me finks!

P

pons

Young Knowles,
Ratfish ,young man,top tiddelly awesomemly Pukka ,Luv it.
And this year a few more species have been added to the mix.
And a few more venues near Bedford,that might have some Giant Mudshovelors in.
The seasons just are not long enough,but the winter certainly was.
Been up your way quite a bit lately with the "job",very nice.
Regards,
Pons