pva

Tony Hyland 2

Reaction score
i have never used pva bags,can you use bread in them,or whats the best bait to use

C

christian tyroll

pva bags dont need specific baits in, you can use what ever your using for the type of fishing your doing. e.g bread for roach, pellets and boilies for carp!
theres no set ideas or rules use what ever bait you want, you just need to remember that some bags have wholes in, so small pellets, crumb, or small particles could come out. but you can get all different sized and shaped bags and some wont have holes in, buy the ones which will suit your needs! just make sure the baits you put in arnt moist as the bag will start to dissolve. this is why they arnt always pratical if its raining! i dont know much about this maybe one of the carpers may no about it, but i believe you can actually get special liquids which will not dissolve the bag?
i could be very wrong but if your using bread in a pva bag on a stillwater with bread in it, the pva might dissolve on to the bread leaving a sludge of pva ontop of it??
so like i said fish them to suit your needs...

theirwellkid

Reaction score
tony
just experiment in a tank or any other appropriate vessel with the bags that you already have, if they're not suitable ask you're tackle dealer for advice and then do the same tests with the new bags.
chris
you're right about the liquids, any which are oil based are suitable for use with PVA as its water that actually dissolves it.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Most liquids these days have on the label if they are safe with PVA.

Liquidised Bread is very good. Used in the narrow stocking then tread on the hook link.

Most of the PVA around these days does not leave a sludge when it as melted.

B

Bully

But why PVA for liquidized bread? Isn't it a bit expensive where as a good cage feeder does much the same??

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
i like to use pva bags in conjuction with anchor bds leads....i fll the bag with pellets of the same brand/make but of different sizes...pellets of various sizes have different breakdown rates and obviously leak flavours into the water at different speeds and go softer or stay harder depending on the size....i just feel that this helps in trying to fool the fish into taking the bait....over the pellets i generally fish hair rigged corn or popped up boillies or rubber type popped up baits....i`ve been quite successful using this method.