Next season tactics.

C

Chris Pearson

Just wondering,what if anything did you learn this season that will change how you fish next season.
If I can start I learned that:
1/I should keep more of an eye on the weather and fish more productively if necessary for shorter sessions when the weather is more favorable even if that is as often been the case,afternoon's mid-week.
2/To spend more time on swim location and studying what the banks are like when the water level is low so that I've got more of an idea where i can fish when it's in flood.
3/I'm going to spend more time focussing on 1 rod rather than 2.

Oops,don't know why it ended up here,started out in the barbel section,can you move it up please Graham?

F

Fred Bonney

The only thing I learned last season is,I need to get out more!!

njb51

Reaction score
not to bring so many different baits - and to work out what features are in my swim before i fish, not while fishing it.

Also to move more when i am on the river.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

To adadpt my fishing to suit the conditions, more specifically not to waste my time trying to catch a big river roach when the conditons say no chance.If this means me dropping everything to fish just a couple of days when the river is spot on then fine.

Y

yoggy

Being predominantly a river angler i always try to minimize the amount of gear i take.But when i actually get on the bank and start roving i always find i take to much gear!!!!

The problem i have is the fear of not taking enough gear!!

Its a catch 22 situation,which i must get to grips with!!

C

Chris Bishop

Don't write anywhere off...

My two best fish came from swims I'd normally just motor past on the way to sexier-looking bits of river.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
What did I learn from last season?

1. Don't go fishing with MW - he catches everything.

2. If you go with Nigel make sure you have a lifebelt handy as he never gets out of the water - wading fanatic he is ;-)

3. Never, and I mean NEVER open a new bottle of Vintage Port when Ron is around.

4. If you target the Roach at a Carp Commercial you will have a great day's fishing.

5. Don't try to take pictures for an FM article with a Krap Camera!!!!!!!!

T

Tony Rocca

Always wear bicycle clips in swims occupied by voles.....dont want one of those up there again.

Fish maggot and caster more, like I used to. Dont get pre occupied with pellets.

Think back more to what worked years ago, no reason as to why it wont again, eg fish small dead baits for chub again.

Reaction score
Mmm, it's been one of those seasons, I've learned a lot...

1. Best bait for zeds on Severn in most conditions is fresh caught bleak (live or dead)

2. Be much more tolerant of other anglers' seemingly bizarre practices. This was hammered home by Martin Bowler's brace of monster stripies on the pole.

3. A lesson I learn every year (bless my Dad for this one) K.I.S.S Keep It Simple Stupid!

4. Thanks to FM a world of corn-based snacks is now at my mercy.

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

The one thing I've learned this season is that you never stop learning.