My Birthday P.B.

Wayne T

Reaction score
It was a very early start and the mist had just started rising as I set up my shiny new birthday carp set-up last Friday. My hopes were high and preparations for the trip had taken up a lot of my time in the week. Which bait? Which lines? Which location on my chosen lake? I settled in with my new flask and was perhaps a bit too settled when three hours later one of my alarms started screaming ..beeb?beeb?bbbbbbbb!!! Dropping my coffee and grabbing my new rod, I lifted into the fish and wow! She felt like a biggun. Actually, she felt like the biggest I?d ever had! The fight that ensued is the best fight I have had in my carping life so far, giving her line when she panicked, worrying every second about the hook pulling free. I eventually landed her with aching arms, she was in pristine condition and weighed in at 17lbs, my pb by 4lbs ? and what a difference that 4lb made! Although 17lb is small fry to lots of you, for me, it was chuffin? superb ! A great birthday present for me that I thought I'd share with you all! W.

J

Jeff Woodhouse

Well done Wayne!

It's all about personal goals and matters little what anyone else has caught. In the fulness of time you too will have the big ones...

Onward and upward!

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Congratulations on your PB, and belated congratulations on your birthday.
It doesn't matter about the size in relation to other peoples catches, IT'S YOUR PB.
What a lovely way to christen your new tackle.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Congrats Wayne both for the birthday and the new p.b. it usually takes me ages to christen a new item of tackle..... that's why all mine is ancient, good excuse huh? :eek:)

Wayne T

Reaction score
Thanks for the congratulations! Now I just need to christen the other rod.....bring on the weekend!