Definitely the weather is picking up

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
And the fishing too!

Yesterday I spend an enjoyable day 10 - 6 fishing a local lake, roach, rudd, crusian, bream and a couple of chub.

I fished the quiver with maggot and baited up a coupe of margin swims which I tried out in the last couple of hours.
There was even the welcome sight of a carp tail above the surface, has it nosed in the margin but sadly no bite came.

Still the weather was lovely and the fish biting - and the promise of a nice weekend ahead

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
"Definitely the weather is picking up"

Has a tendency to as we get nearer the summer. You don't need a weatherman to tell you when it's nice though. Good to have a bit of sun on your face though at this time of year.

And glad you enjoyed your day m'Lud! Beats chasing the maids under the stairs.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't need any more sun on my face thanks; ten days ago in the Alps I managed to get a very sun-burned nose and forehead. The top of my head was also burned and its been an uncomfortable week and a bit ever since.

I will be wearing a hat this evening when I go down town for dinner and a few glasses of wine, just like last night.

It was around 20 degrees C at 8:30pm yesterday and the forecast is for warmer this evening.

It has its good side though, it really brings the pretty girls back out on to the streets in the warmer evenings . . . . . .

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was watching a small group of four- to 7-pound barbel occasionally nosing up from a deep into a gravel shallow earlier today. They definitely weren't discussing the recent absence of boilies and pellets.

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Me?

I've been watching two pairs of tits, blue & great, viewing my nest boxes today.
Too frightened to go out and tidy up the severely winter ravaged garden, in case I scare them off, my excuse anyway.

My garden needs a good warm up, we lost a lot of well established shrubs and nesting sites, so a lot of clearance to do....tomorrow...maybe.