SAFE Raise ?1500

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
'Perhaps we need to start a record of how much is raised via angling and by whom.' Suggests David.

I reckon he's right. Let's start shouting to the world about all the good that angling does.

D

David Sloane-Bulger

The first two
Tony Costello lands ?2,ooo for charity
Sponsored by the Sentinel,s"Pay Community
Challenge" ?1.OOO to S.A.F.E ?1,000 TO Priory Junior & Infanfs school s-on-t
S.A.F.E
Reece Lovell wheelchair appeal ?1,300
Lachlan Matthews age3 holiday appeal ?1,550
Total raised ?2,850 in 2001

A

Andy Maskery

WHAT A WONDERFUL ACHIEVEMENT; or so you might think, so why is it that we (I am an official of S.A.F.E.)are not front page news as ambassadors for our sport.
The work put in by the VOLUNTARY members of S.A.F.E is nothing short of exceptional, the devotion and dedication of the anglers to pass on their knowledge to the next generation is testament to the aims of S.A.F.E. The money raised for good causes so far, is as far as S.A.F.E is concerned just the tip of the iceberg and much more will follow next year. I wholheartedly agree with the idea of a list of charitable acheivements by clubs or associations but who gets to see it. My point is that by debating this in the forum surely I am preaching to the converted. I'm sure everyone would agree that more positive publicity to the non angling public would be a huge advantage to all involved in angling. We need to push our charitable side to the public outside angling then we might attract more interest to come and have a look or maybe even HAVE A GO at fishing.