Waggler offer

Smokedodger

Reaction score
Ordered and paid ?10 for me set of 40 wagglers from the A.T. the other week and still haven't received them yet,has anybody else????

fred hall

Reaction score
A few years back I won some Drennan gear in an A.T. competition but it took nearly 4 months to arrive. Don't hold your breath.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

They probably wait and see what the response is and then THEY order from suppliers -- thats why sometimes it takes so long

You see it a lot in offers in the Sunday papers 'Please allow 28 days for delivery'

Thats to give them time to sort out how many they need to get from suppliers --they dont actually have any at all in stock when you order them ....

C

Chris Bishop

smokedodger, Richard Lee and other AT staffers post on here and look in from time to time.

Why not drop them a line or even ring the paper.

Smokedodger

Reaction score
I'll do that Chris, thanks, Evidently they are coming from Badger!

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Send for the head torch Nick - it came about a week later so you probably need ti chase this up

honslow

Reaction score
You do need to call or email us in the office if you are experiencing problems. We simply run the offers for an extra dimension to the paper but don't have anything to do with payment or distribution.
Badger Tackle can be called on 01472 828555. I have to confess that this offer seems to have been a problem for them and readers have got irrate. Our apologies for any inconvenience readers may have experienced. Please allow for up to 28 days for delivery.
The headtorch offer was through Brundall Angling Centre, call 01603 715289.

M

mark williams 4

For what it's worth, here's the OFT advice:

If goods are not delivered on time

The seller must deliver your goods by the agreed date. If no date was agreed, the seller must deliver within 30 days of the order being placed.

The seller should let you know if the goods can't be delivered on time. If you don't want to give the seller more time, you should have a full refund within 30 days.

If the date for delivery has passed and you haven't received anything, treat it as though you had never placed the order. If you have already paid, demand a full refund.

If the trader goes bust

If a trader goes out of business and you haven't received your goods ? but you've already paid for them ? there is a risk you might lose your money, unless you paid by credit card.

However, you might be able to get a refund if you bought things from a newspaper or magazine that runs an advance payment protection scheme. There are four of these schemes. Each has different conditions, so check with the relevant scheme to see if you are covered.

Please note: before they pay up, some schemes require that traders have to be insolvent or in liquidation ? it's not enough that the trader has just stopped trading.

National newspapers
The National Newspapers' Mail Order Protection Scheme Ltd
Tel: 01628 641930
www.mops.org.uk

Periodicals and magazines
Periodical Publishers' Association Ltd
Tel: 020 7404 4166
Fax: 020 7404 4167
www.ppa.co.uk

Regional and local newspapers
The Newspaper Society
Tel: 020 7636 7014
Fax: 020 7631 5119
www.newspapersoc.org.uk

Scottish daily newspapers
The Scottish Daily Newspaper Society
Tel: 0131 220 4353
email: info@sdns.org.uk

darkuser80

Reaction score
Check out the Distance Selling Regulations, or even easier give your local Consumer Advise or Trading Standards a ring.

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
Chase it up lads! Still think these offers are good for us. Ordered some boots some time ago, they arrived within a few days - bargin!
Having said that, they did'nt come from badger. I have had some experience of this company's sevice, which has to be said was not the best. Price and quality was very good but, only after many weeks of chasing up delivery of all the items from the "offer"
I really hope their service improves in the future!

P

Paul Deans

Having just returned to angling after a long break due to business commitments, I have had a most ?interesting? mix of experiences regarding online buying from a good few of the ?big name companies?.
This is the first time I have used the internet to purchase tackle (so, had no idea that companies would advertise stock when they did not actually have it).
I shall only name the good?Fishtec!, brilliant service (at least for me). The bad ?, well a month or so waiting for the delivery of a big order. The UGLY, the company with whom I placed an order in mid January this year, and who have FINALLY come clean this week, and admitted that they cannot supply the order. So, after two and a half months through the winter doing evening sessions for chub, I wish I had ordered the all weather clothing from another firm, after the last session of ?making do? with me laces frozen to me boots, nets frozen to the ground, and line frozen to the rod rings, I came to a teeth chattering conclusion?for gawds sake get confirmation from the company that you are ordering from that the gear is actually in stock. So?.as a Yorkshire man, I am of course very happy to see the sales now ongoing for cold weather gear, and am willing to part with me hard earned cash for some good winter kit ready for next year?if you have survived winter evening/night sessions please let me know how you rate your winter ?togs??so I can grab a bargain, I shall of course check that the items are in fact in stock before I order :).