Cheshire Fishing Fisheries?.

Liam Neill 2

Reaction score
Hi, im plannings a session at the cheshire fishing fishery, its going to be my first time there and wondering if any of you have any infomation on what bait works well there and at what depth etc.

Im going to be fishing it around a week on saturday so any infomation is welcome, i've been looking at their website, if thats any help (probs not)

Thanks
Liam

colsmiff

Reaction score
cheshire fishing at Tattenhall holds lots of matches . It may be worth looking in the angling press to see who caught what. Also because it is heavily match fished think of pole or feeder tactics. Maggot, caster and corn are probably good baits at this time of year. Bit too early for pellets yet. Hope this helps.

Liam Neill 2

Reaction score
Thanks colsmiff, I'll try that. My feeder rod is a very light tipped, so smallish fish would really suit, as to pole tactics, i only have a little whip type pole with not many rigs.

I will be most likely that i'll be on the float tactics not fishing long range maybe a bit shorter in. Would worm work? If so what way fished? Whole? chopped?.

Thanks for your co-operation..

Thanks
Liam

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
Liam, there are five coarse pools on site, plus two trout lakes.
Pool 1: narrow rectangular pool ,average depth 4-5ft with under cut banks which hold big fish(carp up to 20 lbs) Also good roach to 2 lbs, bream ,skimmers, crucians. Most people pole fish meat , paste, soft hooker pellets, corn etc over pellet either 9m out or in margins. Chop worm and caster in winter.
Pool 2 similar stock but much bigger water, carp feed off surface on bread in the summer, some big fish taken, also in margins in evening. Early and late water.
Pool 3: Small sheltered pool, depths vary 3-6 ft. Fish to features like bushes or use straight lead. Usual species, carp to 12lbs, plus some very big perch and decent tench.
Pools 4 & 5 dug out in last 5 years. Not very attractive , mud holes, full of medium size carp and odd big ones. feed well on paste over pellet or use the feeder. Stock and banks at all lakes not managed well, can get very muddy. ?7 at last count in summer, cheaper in winter. I would suggest float fishing the margins on pool 1 or by the bushes on pool 3. best of luck